Cannot answer phone calls bug

svenhassel

Apr 8, 2013
Visit site
Hi co-owners of the 620!

I?ve been having a problem lately, in which 2 times out of 3 I cannot answer phone calls. :angry:

When receiving the phone call, the phone vibrates, plays the ringtone, displays the callers ID normally, but I just cannot slide the screen up to press the answer button.

Sometimes the on screen slide and answer buttons are in "buggy grey" color, and are unresponsive. :crying:

I have the amber update.

Rebooting the phone doesn?t help. I haven?t done a hard reset yet.

Any ideas?!?!?!? :unhappysweat:

Charlie55

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
You can test the proximity sensor - http://www.nokia.com/in-en/support/product/lumia-620/faq/?action=singleTopic&topic=FA139001 apparently.

But, as I said above, it does happen on my phone occasionally. Hasn't happened for a few weeks but when it does it usually occurs more than once. I read that dirt or dust near it can cause problems, so make sure the top of the screen area is clean, or as the article says a screen protector of the wrong type or slightly in the wrong place can block it apparently.

But having said all that, mine just comes and goes. Usually it works then it doesn't for a while. Then it works again .... etc ......

svenhassel

Apr 8, 2013
Visit site
You can test the proximity sensor - http://www.nokia.com/in-en/support/product/lumia-620/faq/?action=singleTopic&topic=FA139001 apparently.

But, as I said above, it does happen on my phone occasionally. Hasn't happened for a few weeks but when it does it usually occurs more than once. I read that dirt or dust near it can cause problems, so make sure the top of the screen area is clean, or as the article says a screen protector of the wrong type or slightly in the wrong place can block it apparently.

But having said all that, mine just comes and goes. Usually it works then it doesn't for a while. Then it works again .... etc ......

Maybe I'll remove the screen protector. I don't remember the problem before having it, or being so problematic at least.

svenhassel

Apr 8, 2013
Visit site
Update: even removing the screen protector, I still have this problem.

It persists mostly when I have the phone in my pocket, or when the case is closed.

Damn bug :(

Mohamed AbdElfattah

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
i have this problem too and i went to nokia care the told me when i receive a call and this problem happen just press the lock button and press it again then answer the call even they didnt solve this problem and if they solve it they will took the phone from me and just make a factory reset

aakash Vishwakarma

Nov 18, 2013
Visit site
same thing happen with me plz somebody solve this issue
Hi co-owners of the 620!

I?ve been having a problem lately, in which 2 times out of 3 I cannot answer phone calls. :angry:

When receiving the phone call, the phone vibrates, plays the ringtone, displays the callers ID normally, but I just cannot slide the screen up to press the answer button.

Sometimes the on screen slide and answer buttons are in "buggy grey" color, and are unresponsive. :crying:

I have the amber update.

Checki

Banned
Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
I have the same problem sometimes. And it doesnt matter if it was in the pocket or outside or what ever...

Just LOCK and UNLOCK the phone, takes 1 second! iPhone and Android users have the same problems (or had, in the past?). Because a friend of mine saw this happen on my Lumia and he said "same on the iPhone"...

svenhassel

Apr 8, 2013
Visit site
I have the same problem sometimes. And it doesnt matter if it was in the pocket or outside or what ever...

Just LOCK and UNLOCK the phone, takes 1 second! iPhone and Android users have the same problems (or had, in the past?). Because a friend of mine saw this happen on my Lumia and he said "same on the iPhone"...

Yes, I'm doing that, but it's not an ideal solution. Oh well, seems that there is no real solution. It's just a defect in the manufacturing of the phone. The only one so far.

ronnyk

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
Hi co-owners of the 620!

I have the amber update.

Does this happen when you take the phone out of your pocket/case while its ringing? If so, this is not really a problem with the phone. Its the proximity sensor that is coming into play. It disables the screen so that the call is not answered/rejected by accident. Just press the power button twice - you should be able to slide the bar. Unlike android, Windows Phone doesn't reject the call if you press the power button.

Checki

Banned
Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
That's what I said, thank you. But it is too much work for him to do so.
Plus he can't accept it's a hardware problem and you can't do anything...

Sent from my RM-846_eu_euro2_357 using Tapatalk

svenhassel

Apr 8, 2013
Visit site
That's what I said, thank you. But it is too much work for him to do so.
Plus he can't accept it's a hardware problem and you can't do anything...

Sent from my RM-846_eu_euro2_357 using Tapatalk

I use that provisional solution anyway, there is no option!

Sayantan Mukherjee1

Aug 24, 2014
Visit site
It happens in my 1320 as well. Pressing thr lock button again and again is not a solution. I also witness that my main screen also freezes and touch stops working. As soon as I press the lock button it starts working. Please say what to do

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans