Discolouration of back cover

paulsworld

Jun 23, 2014
Visit site
I took my 620 out of my pocket tonight and my yellow back cover has dark marks in the plastic on the outside. Can't seem to remove them. Its a genuine Nokia case. Anyone any ideas why this would happen? Don't recall the phone getting really hot and the white inside of the case isn't affected. Gonna have to switch to the black case now. :eek:(

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
I had a similar experience but with a different phone: the dark blue bottom of the HTC 8S turned greyish-dark-blue near the areas where it was in constant contact and friction with its black leather case. I guess it had something to do with the polycarbonate material: continual friction could be microscopically wearing down through some deformation process, which transfers some pigment onto the surface of the polycarbonate material.

I tried scrubbing it off with rubbing alcohol (40% ethyl alcohol to be exact), and I managed to reduce the discoloration - but I wasn't able to restore it to its original color. You may try your luck with it, but I suspect the process would just smudge the discoloration all over your phone so I'd be careful with this technique.:wink:

This is the reason why my current phone is Black.:cool:

paulsworld

Jun 23, 2014
Visit site
Thanks. I have switched back to my black case but will have a look at seeing if I can clean the other case. The marks just appeared so quickly. I'm sure they weren't there yesterday. Thanks for the reply. :eek:)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers