Can I manually flash Lumia 620 to Cyan?

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Different USB cables have the pins wired in different orders...

You may need to try a few if you do not have the factory cable.

If you know the cable is good (connected with it before, but now can't) then use USBDeview to clear out your USB device folder.
View any installed/connected USB device on your system

Download the folder, right click the .exe and select "run Program as Admin" so you have all rights. Find any drivers labeled Nokia/Lumia/etc. ONLY the ones that look phone related. Right click all of those (one at a time) and select "delete."

Once you have the USB drivers cleared out, connect the phone to USB and the drivers should install and the device should be fully accessible again.

Then use http://download.fds-ncom.nokia.com/...covery/NokiaSoftwareRecoveryToolInstaller.exe

Install it and let it auto-update to Lumia Software Recovery Tool. Use it to flash the latest official to your phone.

Check latest version here: Software update for Lumia with Windows Phone 8 - Nokia

anon(8098745)

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
Different USB cables have the pins wired in different orders...

You may need to try a few if you do not have the factory cable.

If you know the cable is good (connected with it before, but now can't) then use USBDeview to clear out your USB device folder.
View any installed/connected USB device on your system

Download the folder, right click the .exe and select "run Program as Admin" so you have all rights. Find any drivers labeled Nokia/Lumia/etc. ONLY the ones that look phone related. Right click all of those (one at a time) and select "delete."

Once you have the USB drivers cleared out, connect the phone to USB and the drivers should install and the device should be fully accessible again.

Then use http://download.fds-ncom.nokia.com/...covery/NokiaSoftwareRecoveryToolInstaller.exe

Install it and let it auto-update to Lumia Software Recovery Tool. Use it to flash the latest official to your phone.

Check latest version here: Software update for Lumia with Windows Phone 8 - Nokia

Thanks for replying.
I downloaded USBDeview and uninstalled all the devices except for keyboard and mouse and then connected my Lumia 620 but it wasn't detected by my PC.
I even tried it on my friend's PC running windows 8.1 but no luck.
My PC is fine because when i connect my sister's Lumia 730 using the same cable(I used for my lumia 620),it connects without any issue.
I am facing this issue after updating to cyan and then installing DP.
I was one of them who did not receive cyan as i was on DP and Microsoft had paused seeding cyan to devices running DP due to some bitlocker issue.
I don't know what to do because this was my only Smartphone and i am a Loyal Nokia/Microsoft Fan so i can't even think of switching to other Platform.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I was pretty sure all the models on P4D have gotten Cyan Official pushed OTA... This article is from way back in early October: http://www.windowscentral.com/microsoft-now-pushing-lumia-cyan-more-developer-phones

However, Cyan is still not available for certain variants (P4D or stock): Carrier Digicel in Jamaica, Carrier Koodo in Canada, Carrier Cricket in US (support discontinued). Doubtful you have one of those?

Inspect the USB port on your phone with a flashlight and a magnifying glass. Make sure there is no pocket lint or debris in there. Blow air in to clear it.

If your cable is good and PC loading drivers (sister's 730 connects fine) then the cause is physical with the port... Lint, bent or broken pin, loose connector inside...

​Other than that, I;m out of ideas.

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
Did you try another PC or check in your PC configuration > hardware > equipment if you see the 620. Maybe it was one's installed but has now a mistake and that is the reason why it is not seen by your PC

anon(8098745)

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
Did you try another PC or check in your PC configuration > hardware > equipment if you see the 620. Maybe it was one's installed but has now a mistake and that is the reason why it is not seen by your PC
Yes i tried that.I guess something is wrong with the firmware itself...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6