Why don't mI have screen rotation or proximity, or light sensors?

NicoBozzo

Feb 16, 2015
Visit site
Hi.
A very strange thing happen to my Lumia 620 (WP 8.1 Denim) One day just wont rotate the screen (vertical to horizontal orientation, the screen remains in vertical position -no locking option enabled from configuration-) At the same time, during a call the screen wont turn off (to prevent pressing anything when aproximates to my head or ear) or the screen wont turn on when puting it out from a pocket (so the proximity and light sensors are dead)
Once or twice it worked again after putting out the battery for some seconds. Now there's no way to work again. It stopped working during playing a game that uses the gyroscopes (to handling) but the sensor issue is more strange, and stop working at the same time that the gyroscopes.
So made a soft reset, nothing. Then a hard reset, nothing. Now i'm looking forward to disarm the device. No warranty still.

Please, I hope someone say something usefull, I can't think about a hardware issue, is too strange.
Sorry for my english!, cheers.

Nico

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Re: No more screen rotation or proximity, or light sensors.

I'm sorry to say it but it seems like it's a hardware fault, I know that them all failing at the same time is a little odd but these things do happen. Did you notice any odd behaviour before it failed completely?

NicoBozzo

Feb 16, 2015
Visit site
Re: No more screen rotation or proximity, or light sensors.

Hi.
No, anything else. Any others functions work propperly. Is really annoying because of the screen still on while talking, and the pictures only can be seeing in vertical position, for giving an example.
So, do you know if this can be replaced for a new part?

Many thanks, sorry for me english, again.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99