My Lumia 620 stopped working during installing the software with Windows recovery tool, how can I finish it?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

My lumia 620 stoped working during installing the software with windows recovery tool

Im using windows 8 in my my Nokia Lumia 620.. Recently i tried to update it to 8.1 and i used to download my phone updated using Wifi connection... it failed to update through wifi.. so i had downloaded WINDOWS RECOVERY TOOL and connected my device and it downloaded about 1.37 GB Software update ..And during installation my phone turned into red color and it showed NOKIA logo... And it started to updated ... Afer when it reached to 15% it showed error and tried aging after restarting my system.. And It started To re-install After 29 % it failed again and my phone Becomes Totally blank (A BLACK SCREEN) Its not showing any thing ...PLEASE HELP ME!!

srikanth reddy4

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Re: My lumia 620 stoped working during installing the software with windows recovery tool

you can again perform the installation by selecting that ur devices is not turning on from the recovery tool.....but make sure ur not removing the USB connection or accidentally moving the phone and its disconnected and also ignore the USB connection notifications in the PC you'll get while installing

ChAnDaN KuMaR8

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
Re: My lumia 620 stoped working during installing the software with windows recovery tool

You an take it to the nokia care centre .......
for some charges they will install the new software.
I m using lumia 620 and have taken to them and they install the new software nd it is working perfectly

Simon Shihab

Oct 16, 2013
Visit site
I had the same problem with my Lumia 620 : I wanted to install last update to prepare for W10TP and while installing (with red screen and progression shown on my phone) I got an error message (USB problem I guess) and since the phone is no more responding... Nothing to do? (I don't want to pay for this phone while having a L930 :/)

MOhammed Baig

Jun 3, 2014
Visit site

Use the lumia recovery not Windows Phone that worked to me guys

620.PNG

:crying:

Aziz Abdurachman

Jul 31, 2014
Visit site

How do we fix that? I took the phone to the Nokia Care center here in Saudi Arabia but they said they couldnt fix it and did not share any details.
Have you try updated WPRT? They said it could fix bricked old wp8 lumia
Lumia 520/521Devices Unusable After Using Windows Phone Recovery - Microsoft Community

I've said before you should try NSU too if you haven't, my 620 is almost bricked too, it only show nokia logo. But NSU can fix it. It's different software from Windows Phone Recovery Tool & Lumia Recovery Tool
Nokia Software Updater for Retail now available as the ultimate bricked phone rescuer - WMPoweruser

Simon Shihab

Oct 16, 2013
Visit site

Always written "the selected phone is not supported by Lumia Software Recovery Tool" or "the selected phone is not supported by Nokia Software Updater for Retail"
My dear Lumia 620, I think you are finally dead :(

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb