Regularly losing correct date and time

Pinchscape

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Hi All

My Lumia 625 is fabulous, but I seem to have one problem
I've had the phone for a couple of months now, and three times it has randomly reset the date and time to somewhere n the past. Today it was set to 7th July (it should be 5th November) with the time as about 5 hours earlier than now - its totally bizarre.
The first time it did it I switched off the option to sync time with network (assuming it was a network carrier issue), but its made no difference as it has done it again since.
Even more bizarre is the fact that I mentioned it to my friend who has my old Lumia 520, who says the same is happening to him, but he just assumed it was a faulty phone.
Are these phones faulty and need to be returned ? or is there something I can do to remedy it

Thanks all

Dean

luk3ja

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
hmmmm... not sure what is going on really, this should only happen if you take the battery out of your phone or the phone runs out of battery completely.

I found this on another forum... "there should be a power source of some sort inside, on the phone's motherboard to maintain the time while phone is not powered on so it could be a problem with that."

If you ring Nokia they will tell you your nearest Nokia Care Point and then they will very likely be able to simply open the phone replace the baby battery inside and give it you back.

Last edited:

Shobhit Dubey

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
Hi , the date and time settings on your phone are set to auto. Turn it off , then you won't face this problem.

Goto Settings >> date + time >> Set automatically = OFF.

colin allen

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
Mine has the same issue, gone back 6 months twice in a week overnight. I've switched auto updates off now. They never seem to work anyway, they used to work on my 800 except it was always 4mins fast :grin:

vaderag

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
Just posted a very similar question to this as my wife has the same problem... anyone find a solution? It happens with phone set automatically or manually...

IrishFamilyGuy

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site
Well we replaced 45 blackberry phones last month with Nokia 625 phones and we have had 10 users complaining so far, including myself. The phones are now fully updated with the Lumia Black update and it doesn't matter if you have the date and time on auto, or manual, it will still reset itself, even without powering the phone off. Mine goes back to 20th July 2013 at some time in the morning, it did it twice yesterday......

This is a either a hardware or software problem that Nokia need to sort out, its nothing to do with carrier or particular updates....

j_davis

Mar 11, 2014
Visit site
We have replaced quite a number of phones with these lately and have had the same issue.

According to Nokia, its simply the power button is very easy to press and if held for a couple seconds will soft reset the phone (appearingly only resetting the date&time) - Nokia also say they have reproduced the back covers to try and avoid this issue - we havent heard when/if we are able to get hold of these new covers. We are yet to hear anything.

I thought id let you know my findings.

Thanks

vaderag

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for keeping us posted! My wife still has this problem...
However, I just tested a soft reset on my phone with the power button and it didnt reset the time...

cintra

Oct 7, 2013
Visit site
Just discovered that my 1020 is not keeping time even when set manually.

After ca 25 seconds it hops forward to the next minute. I tried a soft reset and set the date time up again but the same thing happens.

I'm on 8.1 Preview, and my Lumia 520 holds perfect time..

Nok520

Sep 11, 2014
Visit site
I had this problem with my 520. Like the previous poster, at times it would reset the date to 20/06/2013.

Updating to WP 8.1 appears to have cured the problem. It has not lost it's date and time for over two weeks now. It never went that long previously.

Hope that helps someone.

n7slc

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
My Lumia 1020 locked up twice in less than two days. On both occasions, I did the "volume down and power button" soft reset. When the phone reboots, the time and date are back to May 21, 2014. My phone was flawless before the Cyan update. Now, I'm ready to throw it in the bin and get something else.

Luca Capodieci

Oct 8, 2015
Visit site
It is sad but my Nokia Lumia 625 also still have problems with date & time but also with the side button.
I noticed that if I do not modify the date and time after restart (2013 by default) the button works, if I update the date to 2015, the side-button (power) does not work anymore...
I tried hard reset, and many other suggestions...

Please HELP

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo