Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Arpit Mittal

i am facing difficulty in deleting temporary files from phone store. After i click delete temp files which is 126.78 MB it just showing deleting temp files in notification bar and after lock screen it comes back on same screen with 126.78 mb still as temp files. I have updated lumia black also. Please help

Global Posts
    18,065 Global Posts
    Is that 126.70MB really bothering you? Also, you can't necessarily delete all temp files. Some are still used by the OS or other programs you may be using. They just happen to be in the temporary file area.
    Ignorance, there is a cure.

I also own a Lumia 920.

I'm on Instagram - Travel and food photos is my thing.
    I've got around 500MB...What about that???
    Suffering from WPA, Windows Phone Addiction
    Banned

Global Posts
    604 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by N_LaRUE View Post
    Is that 126.70MB really bothering you? Also, you can't necessarily delete all temp files. Some are still used by the OS or other programs you may be using. They just happen to be in the temporary file area.
    Got 200mb temp files and 1mb free space, so that means no apps and no sync
    if you really wants to delete then on settings-date change 2100 from 2014, then open storage check, there your all temp file will be around 3-4MB & then after go to date and correct your date
    Quote Originally Posted by amaan07 View Post
    i am facing difficulty in deleting temporary files from phone store. After i click delete temp files which is 126.78 MB it just showing deleting temp files in notification bar and after lock screen it comes back on same screen with 126.78 mb still as temp files. I have updated lumia black also. Please help
    May be I am not expert still if you like my post or I helped, Use the LIKE / THANKS button
    Proud owner of Lumia 720
    Just go to your internet explorer and delete history, then go to search and also delete history then go to the storage check app and clear temp

Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    hi
    their is an app called storage cleaner on my phone if it did not come u can get it from the WM store it is free download it use it and can delete the tem files
    Thanks,
    Hari
    Present Phone Nokia Lumia 625

Thanks you so much dude, it got deleted :)

you helped clearing 990 mb of temp. files .. really thanks man .. :)

Quote Originally Posted by Arpit Mittal View Post
    if you really wants to delete then on settings-date change 2100 from 2014, then open storage check, there your all temp file will be around 3-4MB & then after go to date and correct your date
    you helped clearing 990 mb of temp. files .. really thanks man .. :)

Damn, that date trick worked! I had 12 gigs or so of "Temporary files", undoubtedly detritus from all my podcasts downloaded using ipodcast. Was getting down to just a few gigs "free", but changing the date to 2100 shrink the size down to just a few mb that I was able to delete using the delete option. Now I have half of my storage back!

I had 1.78G in temporary files on my Lumia 1520. I went into Bing/Settings/Delete History. Now I have 7.58MB in temp files. Wow, who knew Bing was such a hog? This was after spending time with a clueless Nokia tech support person who suggested wiping my phone.

I got this info from the Windows Tech Support "Help" pages. First time it's actually been helpful. Good going MS!
    Quote Originally Posted by Arpit Mittal View Post
    thanks bro, you are the expert.
    Really thanks man, My 1.16 gb dot deleted

sir.
    my lumia 530 i am not deleted so temporary files

Wow to the time trick! Thanks for the help. Deleted 1.16gb temp files.

Hi, i am using lumia 625. I tried to change the date but i was unable to change. Can you please help me and guide me step by step. As i have 309 MB under my temp files and i am unable to delete them.