Options for Lumia 625 user wanting to join EAP-TTLS wifi

sabrefresco

May 20, 2014
Visit site
So I have a Lumia 625 currently on Lumia Amber update. I have not received any notification or options to update to Lumia Black. I need to be able to connect to the wifi at work which has EAP-TTLS authentication. Unfortunately this is not supported on Windows Phone 8 at all and the support starts from 8.1. My scenario is similar to what is mentioned here: https://windowsphone.stackexchange.com/questions/3009/force-nokia-black-update

What will I be losing by forcing the update on my phone after flashing it to the Stock ROM? Am I guaranteed to get the update after flashing to the stock ROM? I really need to get on 8.1 ASAP so any help will be appreciated!

sabrefresco

May 20, 2014
Visit site
As an update for future users who come across this thread, I did the following: I developer unlocked my phone by registering at appstudio.windowsphone.com. And then downloaded Preview for Developers from the Windows Appstore. This allowed me to bypass the constraints from carrier (since they didn't even Lumia Black update to date). I was able to go all the way to 8.1. Now I am able to join the wifi at my workplace and also use Cortana.

Please note: You cannot go back to previous versions according MS. This voids your warranty, but most of the time retailers don't check which OS you are on if your phone is dead because of a hardware issue, so you should be good.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
As an update for future users who come across this thread, I did the following: I developer unlocked my phone by registering at appstudio.windowsphone.com. And then downloaded Preview for Developers from the Windows Appstore. This allowed me to bypass the constraints from carrier (since they didn't even Lumia Black update to date). I was able to go all the way to 8.1. Now I am able to join the wifi at my workplace and also use Cortana.

Please note: You cannot go back to previous versions according MS. This voids your warranty, but most of the time retailers don't check which OS you are on if your phone is dead because of a hardware issue, so you should be good.

Thanks for dropping in, sorry there wasn't a response earlier. Good to hear its all been fixed up.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bradhism