After 8.1 update mobile internet and wifi not working

arn8tas

Jul 22, 2014
Visit site
Hi, after yesterdays update to 8.1 internet in my lumia 625 is not working. When i'm trying to turn on wifi i'm getting error and even when i'm trying to surf using mobile internet it throws an error: try to restart your phone or contact to your mobile operator. Before updates my phone was working fine. Any suggestions? Yes i can do hard reset but i want to keep this update and my files. :crying:

Ashish Gupta888

Retired Ambassador
Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
Did you try a soft reset (hold Power+Volume Down keys together for 15 sec)? It won't erase your settings and apps. Soft reset should help you.

eepyaich

Oct 25, 2010
Visit site
I am on Three UK and am having same problem. Do you have a fix???

Probably best you look at this thread, here - http://forums.windowscentral.com/nokia-lumia-930/297062-three-uk-4g-nokia-lumia-930-a.html. Basically, though, you need to ring Three support, and persuade them to put you through to the second line support team on the basis that your device is being incorrectly identified as a desktop machine and, hence, is being locked down as "illegal tethering".

arn8tas

Jul 22, 2014
Visit site
I solved the problem. Try hard reset, but don't forget to save your files. Updates still working: after reseting my phone still is 8.1 :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs