Ringtone Custom option button missing

Max31

Sep 3, 2014
Visit site
Can anyone help me, I have recently bought a second hand Nokia Lumia 625. I want to set my own music as ringtones but the CUSTOM button is missing from the ringtone settings option. Is there any way to get it or reset it. :crying:

teckris

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
Custom or customize?
Ringtones can be changed from Ringtones + Sounds in settings.
in that select the sound list under Ringtone and take the ringtone. if u want ur own sound, just move it to Ringtones Folder and it will appear in Custom tones in Ringtones List

Max31

Sep 3, 2014
Visit site
Firstly Thank you rsadrian I'll give that a go.
Secondly teckris Yes I want to set songs I've put on my phone. But when I go to the ringtones option page I don't HAVE the custom option button, so there fore can not set my music as a ringtone. I only have Windows Phone and Nokia. I've added the music to the ringtone folder on the phone but they are not showing up. I want to know How To Get The Custom Option Back.

JeetDesa

Feb 11, 2014
Visit site
Having the same problem on my 720...even if I move the music file to the ringtone folder I don't see it in list of ringtones...irrespective I move it in the SD card ringtone folder or the phone's ringtone folder...

teckris

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
Firstly Thank you rsadrian I'll give that a go.
Secondly teckris Yes I want to set songs I've put on my phone. But when I go to the ringtones option page I don't HAVE the custom option button, so there fore can not set my music as a ringtone. I only have Windows Phone and Nokia. I've added the music to the ringtone folder on the phone but they are not showing up. I want to know How To Get The Custom Option Back.

Will u explain about Your OS version? its Updated?

leecasey

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
I can confirm I have the same issue. I have moved the mp3 files to the Ringtones folder but there is no Custom section in Ringtones under settings.

teckris

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
The custom ringtone is available after black update. So if you are not seeing files in options, either the update is lacking or its messed. You try a restart.

Jamez2u

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
On my lumia 920 after I upgraded to 8.1 my phone stopped ringing. I changed my ring tone from my custom ring tone to an AT&T ring tone and tada it starts ringing again. But like the author of the original post said the custom option is missing now so any mp3 files I have under ringtones are no long available. I believe this is a bug that needs to get fixed :(

subliminal ray

Jul 13, 2013
Visit site
I think it has to do with certain restrictions. I couldn't use large files (although it says in the 'How To...' that you could use files smaller than 30 MB). I have updated my 620 to WP 8.1 (GDR1). On WP 8.0, I used a WMA format file that didn't show up anymore. I used an older instruction back then (for WP 7.8, I believe) where it said:

- must be in WMA or MP3 format
- not longer than 40 sec
- file must be smaller that 1 MB

Now it looks like WMA isn't supported anymore on WP 8.1 (which is kinda silly...) because I converted the WMA to MP3 and that did the trick. So maybe you have to take into account these restrictions. You could also use Nokia's Ringtone Maker from the Store.

gaizkarena

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site
Same issue here.
Nokia 625 with WP8.1 cyan.
ringtone costum folder is there, I have moved some files to that folder from my sdcard, mp3, but the option to personalize the ring tone is just not there, I have never seen it, I just got the phone a week ago and first thing I did was to upgrade to WP8.1...
I have tried the ringtone creator by nokia and I has allowed me to create five ringtones from the same mp3 files I had in that folder and the app has placed them there....
I do not understand the logic, but that is the story..

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro