Why is my phone saying that it is charging when it's not plugged in to a charger?

tanveer hussain

Dec 9, 2014
Visit site
Charging problem with my Nokia Lumia 625

Hello everyone i have problem with my LUMIA 625 the problem is when i plug in charger in my cell phone the icon appears that it is charging but when i remove charger after 5 minutes it still saying my cell is still charging without charger and after that when i connect charger again nothing happened just icon showing it is charging but actually it is not charging my LUMIA 625 please tell me what should i do i also hard reset my LUMIA 625 but there is still problem sorry for my english but please give me answer what should i do i am very worried about this :'(

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Re: Charging problem with my Nokia Lumia 625

Hello everyone i have problem with my LUMIA 625 the problem is when i plug in charger in my cell phone the icon appears that it is charging but when i remove charger after 5 minutes it still saying my cell is still charging without charger and after that when i connect charger again nothing happened just icon showing it is charging but actually it is not charging my LUMIA 625 please tell me what should i do i also hard reset my LUMIA 625 but there is still problem sorry for my english but please give me answer what should i do i am very worried about this :'(

There is nothing to worry about this. But first things first: it is not generally advisable to leave the charging cable attached to your phone if the other end of the cable is not attached to a power supply. There have been instances of unwanted battery draining, overheating issues and other battery-related malfunctions by chronically leaving the cable plugged in idly*. Doing this once in a while should not hurt, but avoid it as much as you can.

The presence of the charging icon in the battery icon in your phone even after unplugging the charger from the outlet while leaving the cable attached to your phone is most probably caused by remnant electricity still being delivered by the charger**. However, this usually lasts only for a few seconds (not five minutes!)

*- This is applicable to all battery-powered devices, including laptops and even your car.

**- The charger is an AC-DC voltage step-down current converter and regulator, which means that it will deliver a constant voltage regardless of the voltage of the power outlet you plug it in (as long as it is within 100V and 240V). This reduction in voltage means that electricity is buffered before it is transported to your phone. This buffering creates a lag between your charger losing power and your charger stopping the delivery of power to your phone - hence the lingering charging icon..

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wiuniuz