Why doesn't the battery indicator use the full battery capacity, I think?

W

WPCentral Question

Battery indicator does not use full battery capacity, I think

The battery on my L625 goes for a full day (3G+online messaging+a few calls+music and some games while commuting) with no problem(at the end of the day it is about %15). At the end of the day I charge it to %100 percent, which takes about 2 hours.

A few days ago I had to take a bus trip so I charged it before leaving the house but didn't pull the plug even when it showed %100, left it plugged in for a while and took it while leaving the house. During the most the trip the battery percentage showed %100 despite me listening music and playing games for the whole bus trip(8 hours). After like 7 hours of heavy usage it started to go down like normal and the battery lasted till the end of next day.

Tried it again later. When I leave it in plugged for another hour even when it says it is %100 full the battery lasts 2 days with my normal usage (Showing %100 for almost 1 day and draining at a normal rate the next day). I think the battery indicator does not use the full capacity of mye phone's battery. How can I fix that?

gomezz

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
Re: Battery indicator does not use full battery capacity, I think

It seems the battery indicator recalibrates itself everytime you charge which is especially noticeable when you use different chargers on different days which have different characteristics for trickle charging and stopping charging. I always leave my phone (and other devices) on charge for sometime after it reports 100% until I see the charger itself reporting no charging. I work on the basis that a really full charge is around 120% of what the indicator shows.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss