Nokia Lumia 630 Bugs and Defects

maaric

Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
Hi ,

I have the same problem I even hard reset my phone but the problem still remains
I cant be reached ( goes straight to voicemail )
If I call someone it doesn't make a connection .
When I stop the call the phone gets stuck.
I hope Microsoft will fix this soon

Sara B94

Mar 19, 2015
Visit site
Hi. I'm using Wi-fi and I've done everything you said but it keeps crashing and even more websites like this one lol.
Don't really know what to do.
Thanks for the info fought...

Sara B94

Mar 19, 2015
Visit site
Hello. I've been detecting a lot o decode errors that keep appearing While I'm watching videos on YouTube I've tried some advices but nothing is working and it seems to be getting worse
Don't know if this is the place for this kinda of topics so...
If anyone knows anything, it will be much appreciated
Thank you��

QuentinJ

May 25, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

After i updated my phone to 8.10.14234.375 a few days ago i am encountering a very annoying bug(?). I don't know if its sim/carrier or an update related problem, but ever since then the phone works normally and even displays full signal, but i can't be reached(like not having signal). If i try making a call, it gets stuck on calling and also gets stuck if i press the end call button(just keeps displaying the calling/ending call message), the only solution being to do a soft reset. After the reset the phone behaves normally until the next day when i get the same problem. Does anyone know whats causing this and/or if there is a solution for it? Thank you.

Best regards,
Marius

Same problem here... LSRT did not help fix this, I will contact Lumia support next week but it is very annoying, I had to soft reset my phone 4-5 times today...
It seemed to me that anytime I would lose signal (eg going into the subway) then I needed to soft reset the phone to get it working again.
At each restarts it also asks me to check the microsd for errors (which I ran a few times)...
I'll update here if I get a solution, if someone else has one in the meantime, very much appreciated

peeryus

Nov 1, 2014
Visit site
Hi all,

I am trying to update to Denim but get an 8018830f error. Any body else experience this? It gets to 95% download then installs to 5% then get this error. Any help is appreciated.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

root-er

Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
I'm having the same problem of "QuentinJ" and "amariusg" with my father's phone, I've tried to use the phone with my account/sim (after a hard-reset) and didn't crash/freeze once in 2 days, as soon as he started using it again (after another hard-reset) the problems came back. He has to soft-reset it like 5-10 times a day :(

Miss Take

Apr 11, 2015
Visit site
I unboxed the Nokia Lumia 630 yesterday. I'd bought it for my mother end January for her 80th birthday. It was her first smartphone and it took her some time to finally obtain a new micro sim, so that I could set it up for her. I chose a windows phone for her because she uses a laptop with a windows 8 operating system, so I felt this phone wouldn't feel quite so foreign to her. However, I am an IOS user, so this phone was unfamiliar and I took it home to read the operating instructions in peace. Today I fully charged the phone and selected a ring tone and other warning tones, connected it to my home wifi and then saw a message to update the phone. As wifi connection had been activated, I confirmed the update and soon a 'critical update' message showed on the screen, so I clicked to confirm this. Over the next hour, all I saw was moving cogs and the progress bar remained stuck at the very beginning. It's now been hours, and I've tried turning the phone off, resetting it by holding down the on/off button for 10 seconds to no avail, then resetting it by holding down the volume and on/off switch for 10 seconds, all with no result. After performing these actions, the screen goes blank briefly, then "Nokia" appears and within seconds the cogs are back in motion and no other action is possible on the phone. Over the last 8 hours, I've repeated this 3 times, each time with the same result. The phone is stuck on the moving cogs. Even when the battery ran out, and I connected it to the power supply, the moment it had sufficient charge, the cogs reappeared and I could do nothing with the phone. How do I solve this?

skildpad

Apr 11, 2015
Visit site
Hi my phone notified me that an update was available, so I updated it through wi-fi but every time it finishes, it shows the message "The update was downloaded but can't be opened. (8007000d)" what's wrong and what can I do about it? Thanks

Btw I don't get those turning cogs. It just shows a bar while downloading the update as well as installing the update. Then it shows the error.

Last edited:

Chris Tian 28

Apr 4, 2015
Visit site
i have the same issue. when i bought my L630 dual sim. it says critical update. then those cogs turning almost 24 hrs.. but then suddenly it update on its own lol. i just constantly soft reseting it by holding volume + power button ... then waiting for 5-10 mins if its not moving then i reset it again.. after how many hours it worked for me lol.

Varnit Khokhar

Apr 17, 2015
Visit site
My Lumia 630 doesn't charge to 100% even if I charge it whole night after the denim update.. What can I do? I've reset it 4-5 times but nothing changes. Pls help.

djale8

Apr 20, 2015
Visit site
Hi my phone notified me that an update was available, so I updated it through wi-fi but every time it finishes, it shows the message "The update was downloaded but can't be opened. (8007000d)" what's wrong and what can I do about it? Thanks

I have the same problem. What can I do?

skildpad

Apr 11, 2015
Visit site
I asked the Microsoft Community. (The forum won't let me post links until I have 10 posts)
The link is below. It worked, but your phone will be hard reset. Make sure you back up first. After the update it started restoring with no problem, just make sure you sign in to your Microsoft account when prompted.

darkod75

Apr 22, 2015
Visit site
Re: Denim update....bugs I have come across & a little bit of a moan too.......

I have same problem here. Did you find an answere?

skildpad

Apr 11, 2015
Visit site
Re: Denim update....bugs I have come across & a little bit of a moan too.......

Install Lumia Software Recovery Tool (see the link above). Connect your phone to your computer. It then starts downloading (1.6GB). I left it overnight since it took around 4 hours. When I woke up it's already updated to Denim. Again, just make sure you back up first so you can restore everything, since it will do a hard reset.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6