630/635 Denim update

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Borris: You can search for the IT CV product code and flash it to the Italian ROM. You get Denim out of the box, no further updates necessary.

Boris NevermorE

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
Hallo ;) You need to change Product code to like this:
059w102
rm-974 var euro be cv
It's Belgium and have Denim update ;) If you want to change your's product code, you need to reflash your phone ;) Tutorial is here:
[Tutorial] Unbrand (flash) Lumia devices | Windows Phone 8 Development and Hacking | XDA Forums
Or you can wait...

Borris: You can search for the IT CV product code and flash it to the Italian ROM. You get Denim out of the box, no further updates necessary.

That is the problem, I don't want to flash a new ROM. If it was mine i would do it so far. So, changing region or language won't help, than I think I will wait and check from time to time if the update come. And if i get it, I will post here with screenshots, so other owners can be informed as well.
Thank you guys for the advices :)
Cheers.

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
Very wise you don't want to flash your rom.
I also checked and you should be able to get the update.
Changing region or whatever will not help by the way.
The only thing which helps is if you where on pfd (but you are not) to unmark the box in the pfd app.
So keep checking one's a while it should come.
There was a post a while ago where a guy from Germany with a 620 on O2 still haf to wait 1 month after it was released . Hope of course it will not take that long for you.

Boris NevermorE

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
Very wise you don't want to flash your rom.
I also checked and you should be able to get the update.
Changing region or whatever will not help by the way.
The only thing which helps is if you where on pfd (but you are not) to unmark the box in the pfd app.
So keep checking one's a while it should come.
There was a post a while ago where a guy from Germany with a 620 on O2 still haf to wait 1 month after it was released . Hope of course it will not take that long for you.

Yes, I think I will wait for the update, I am not in a hurry, I was just wondering, nothing more.
It was the same with my Samsung ATIV S i850, The moment i bought it an year ago it came with WP8 GDR1 out of the box and right when i first start it, it picked up the GDR2, but no GDR3 after. So I did some research and saw that changing CSC will get me the GDR3, so i change the CSC from MBM (my carrier CSC) to NEE (nordic CSC) and it picked up the GDR3. Then when WP8.1.1 start rolling out for the ATIV S i remeain to the NEE CSC and a month later i got the official WP and Samsung firmware that bring my ATIV S up to the latest WP8.1.1. Nokia phones unfortunately doesn't have CSC's, so the method here is different. Manipulating with changing CSC's is much better way for updates, but it is what it is with Lumia's :)

Boris NevermorE

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
Well this is strange. Two of my friends (converted Android users to WP, LOL), have Lumia 630. Both phones are bought on contract with their carriers (one is on T-Mobile Macedonia and the other one is on VIP Macedonia). I get both of them phones updated today to Denim. Phones are working way better now, they are snappier than on Cyan, etc.
However, my sister got her Lumia 630 from Carphone Warehouse when she visited London a month ago. The phone is unlocked/unbranded and it still haven't got the Denim update. Before any of you suggest... No, I don't want to flash a new ROM nor i want to go to PfD (read my previous post, few posts above). So, anyone here from Macedonia or the region around, Denim is rolling on Lumia 630 if you bought it from your carrier on contract. About my sister's phone I will wait until it gets the Denim in normal way and will report back here so other would know :)

Ryan ODonnell

Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
my sister got her Lumia 630 from Carphone Warehouse when she visited London a month ago. The phone is unlocked/unbranded and it still haven't got the Denim update.

Exact same here! CV UK/GBIE shows Denim is available with a new firmware level, but no download. Lumia Support on Twitter haven't really been any help.
Same problem occurs when trying LSRT (Lumia Software Recovery Tool).

aurelian177

Dec 14, 2014
Visit site
I wonder: What "not available yet" means on the column "release"? The firmware is tested by mobile operator ? I tried to find out but my mobile operator by-passed me to MS and MS to a web link (Lumia availability in Europe)

Me AV

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
I wonder: What "not available yet" means on the column "release"? The firmware is tested by mobile operator ? I tried to find out but my mobile operator by-passed me to MS and MS to a web link (Lumia availability in Europe)

Me AV

Does it really matter? Bottom line is that it is not released yet.

aurelian177

Dec 14, 2014
Visit site
Yes, it matters.... The thread is open. I will ignore your opinion. Now, to be more precise: I was trying to find out from other user's, if they had the "not available yet" release tag just before they updated to Lumia denim.

Me AV

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
Yes, it matters.... The thread is open. I will ignore your opinion. Now, to be more precise: I was trying to find out from other user's, if they had the "not available yet" release tag just before they updated to Lumia denim.

Me AV

At least now your question is clear and makes sense. So thank you for making your question clear.

aurelian177

Dec 14, 2014
Visit site
At least now your question is clear and makes sense. So thank you for making your question clear.

Man, my question was clear like Cristal. Your opinion was weird. But I saw your profile . . . Post counts. I don't have the time to prove you that your are post count hungry. Maybe you work to MS. Nevermind. As I said... Your opinion must be important for you... Narcissist...

faalil

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
If anyone plan to install W10 phone in 630,

Known issues

?Messaging is currently missing a number of features you might use in Windows Phone 8.1, including dual-SIM support, search, message drafts, sharing voice notes and ringtones, Bi-Di language support, international assisted dialing, spam filter, viewing all group recipients, reminders and quiet hours through Cortana, multiple attachments, and GSM support. If you use these features regularly, you?ll want to wait to install the preview until we get them into a future build.

?Cortana is only available in English (United States) for phones. In other locales, you?ll get the standard search experience.

?The Rooms feature is not available in the preview. You?ll still be able to get to your photo albums, calendars, and notes, either on the web or by using other apps on your phone. You won?t be able to see your chat history or send or receive any new chats. If you have important info in your Rooms chats that you want to keep, save a copy to a different device before updating your phone to Technical Preview. For more info, take a look at the Rooms FAQ.

?Some text in the preview will not yet have been translated into all available languages and will only appear in English. This text will be translated into all available languages by the time the final product is available.

?The Phone app doesn?t have Dual SIM support or spam filtering in the preview.

?Accessibility features are still being developed for Windows 10, so they aren?t fully functional in Technical Preview. If you depend on features like Narrator while browsing the web, you may want to wait to update your phone

TheFireRed

Jul 22, 2014
Visit site
So, uh... I've got a German Country Variant Lumia 630, unlocked, but still no news about Denim. Last night I checked Win10 out but came back to 8.1 Cyan after that. Anyone can cast some light on this? I only got to taste 10 minutes of Denim before downloading Win10. :grincry:

Boris NevermorE

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
So, uh... I've got a German Country Variant Lumia 630, unlocked, but still no news about Denim. Last night I checked Win10 out but came back to 8.1 Cyan after that. Anyone can cast some light on this? I only got to taste 10 minutes of Denim before downloading Win10. :grincry:

I think there are few many articles and videos posted on the front page of Windows Central, and there is a video review of Michael Fisher from Pocketnow on their youtube channel. You might want to check all what i mention. Very informative imo :)

Alfa Kapa

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
-I don't mind been on cyan , I really don't.
-Here is all the 630/635 variants in Greece:

Lumia 630 Country variant Denim 8.10.14219.341
Lumia 630 Cosmote Denim 8.10.14219.341
Lumia 630 Vodafone Denim 8.10.14219.341
Lumia 630 Dual Sim Country variant Cyan 8.10.12397.895
Lumia 635 Country variant Denim 8.10.14226.359
Lumia 635 Cosmote Denim 8.10.14219.341
Lumia 635 Vodafone Denim

-Come on, I have the only variant that doesn't have Denim after 4+ months since release?

Last edited by a moderator:

anon8959613

Jul 6, 2014
Visit site
-I don't mind been on cyan , I really don't.
-Here is all the 630/635 variants in Greece:

Lumia 630 Country variant Denim 8.10.14219.341
Lumia 630 Cosmote Denim 8.10.14219.341
Lumia 630 Vodafone Denim 8.10.14219.341
Lumia 630 Dual Sim Country variant Cyan 8.10.12397.895
Lumia 635 Country variant Denim 8.10.14226.359
Lumia 635 Cosmote Denim 8.10.14219.341
Lumia 635 Vodafone Denim

-Come on, for f*ck's sake, I have the only variant that doesn't have Denim after 4+ months since release?

Im on pfd 630 cyan ... having the same version number !
i guess everybody on pfd is ....
so when denim comes for people who are on pfd the only change thats gonna be is the eq ....
everything else is already there :)

Alfa Kapa

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
I'm guessing Denim will also bring some minor performance improvements (compared to PfD ,but I don't know).
I was on PfD for 3/4 months but now ,after uninstalling W10TP , I'm on the official Cyan.

After all this time, I know that the PfD did in fact made my phone running slightly slower (choppier) especially when installing new apps.
Moreover the IE on PfD was at least worse compared to Cyan without PfD.
So I learned a lesson from my experiences on W10TP and PfD ,that from now on ,I am only installing official (finished) updates!

Boris NevermorE

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
Nokia Lumia 630 - Unlocked
Bought from: Carphone Warehouse, London UK
Type: Unlocked, SIM-Free
Carrier: CV GBIE (UK Variant)
Previous OS: WP 8.1 Cyan (out of the box)
Previous OS Version: 8.10.12397.895
Previous Firmware Revision Number: 01061.00066.14235.36003

Phone is used on: VIP MK (3rd Macedonian Mobile Carrier)

After the update:
OS Version: 8.10.14234.375
Firmware Revision Number: 02040.00021.15035.36004

Guess my super cute neon green Nokia Lumia 630 got the Denim finally :)
Here are the screenshots from the update (pictures resized for better view):
WP-Denim-8.1.1(L630)-1.png
WP-Denim-8.1.1(L630)-2.png
WP-Denim-8.1.1(L630)-3.png

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos