Lumia 630 screen issue

Toussaint Jongen

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
Hi there,

I am using a Lumia 630 and on the whole it is a okay Phone to use.
But when I make aPhone call, strange things are happening. When I call somebody, the screen turns black and I cannot find out how to get this back to normal. Only when the other person ends the call, it takes a while and the screen will appear again... There is no possibility for me to end the call...

I have tried several things, deleting apps and files (I thought the 512MB could be the issue) but this hasn"t helped so far. Soft reset does the trick, but only for a while. I haven't tried a hard reset yet, would like to wait with this as long as possible.

The software is still Cyan, I don't have a clue if PfD or Denim will solve the issue. Does anybody else have experience with this issue and maybe have a solution?

Thanks!

ssapre

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
IMO 630 doesn't have proximity sensor and hence your phone locks when you are on call (it takes it as idle). If you want to do something in between call, try unlocking by one tap on power button and the screen will come up.

Toussaint Jongen

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
IMO 630 doesn't have proximity sensor and hence your phone locks when you are on call (it takes it as idle). If you want to do something in between call, try unlocking by one tap on power button and the screen will come up.
?

I have tried it, but no luck. It happens frequently, just not every time. And the Problem is not that I want to do something while calling. The Problem is, when the other Person Ends the phonecall, the Screen stays black for about 10 seconds, without anything Happening. Then the Screen appears again, so I don't think the phone is locked... It is no Major issue, but I just want to know why it isn't working properly. Pressing the powerbutton doesn't do the trick.

Daniel Gilbert M

Mar 5, 2015
Visit site
?

I have tried it, but no luck. It happens frequently, just not every time. And the Problem is not that I want to do something while calling. The Problem is, when the other Person Ends the phonecall, the Screen stays black for about 10 seconds, without anything Happening. Then the Screen appears again, so I don't think the phone is locked... It is no Major issue, but I just want to know why it isn't working properly. Pressing the powerbutton doesn't do the trick.

Make sure you wipe the sweat (if there is) off the screen.
I own a 630 and I'm having a hard time as you mentioned.
I really hate it when I'm sweating and this happens.
For me sweat is the culprit. (even pressing the power button wont turn the screen back on)

lack of proximity sensor :(

So the upper half of your screen acts like a sensor (when your cheek/ears touch the screen it gets locked).
So if there is any sweat/oil/dust from your hair coming down on the screen you will have to wipe it off to make it work properly.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans