On my L630 Dual Sim - since denim update, why can't I update/install apps?

QuentinJ

May 25, 2014
Visit site
L630 Dual Sim - since denim update, can't update/install apps

Hi,
Since I updated my L630 Dual Sim (France CV), I have difficulties updating or installing new apps.
Whether I am on WiFi or 3G, part of the app download and then it'll be stuck and won't do anything - soft reset did not help.
I managed to update or install apps by downloading them on my Surface, putting them on SD and installing manually but it is getting frustrating.
The app updates or install just say pending and nothing happens... (first noticed the problem with fitbit, now happening with Netflix, bing translator, make it rain, ... and basically all apps that have updates available)
Can anyone suggest where this comes from and how to fix it?
short of doing a hard reset I am not sure what I can do...

EDIT - this is happening for apps installed on both phone or microsd

PS - I also saw that with the denim update you cannot install W10 TP as the OS version is higher than the requirements (website says it needs 8.10.14219.341 or earlier, denim updated me to 8.10.14234.375 (I had to disable PfD to get the update) - Supported phones for Windows 10 Technical Preview - Microsoft Windows)

Last edited:

Kaushik Banerjee

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
Re: L630 Dual Sim - since denim update, can't update/install apps

Well in soft resets don't help you can go for a hard reset after backing up your settings.or the more worse option would be lumia software recovery tool. unfortunately I woudnt recommend the second option although it would fix the problem 100% but since you are running TP you will have to install it again.

QuentinJ

May 25, 2014
Visit site
hi, I am not running the TP yet
I was hoping to avoid the hard reset, but I think i'll have to give it a go, and try the W10TP at the same time then
if anyone has any other suggestions?

update on the issue - it seems now that Netflix and Bing translator won't update, connected to wifi and cancelled the download for those two and the other apps updated.
I re-checked for update for Netflix and translator but they still wouldn't install so I guess the problem does not affect all apps after all...

Kaushik Banerjee

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
hi, I am not running the TP yet
I was hoping to avoid the hard reset, but I think i'll have to give it a go, and try the W10TP at the same time then
if anyone has any other suggestions?

update on the issue - it seems now that Netflix and Bing translator won't update, connected to wifi and cancelled the download for those two and the other apps updated.
I re-checked for update for Netflix and translator but they still wouldn't install so I guess the problem does not affect all apps after all...
That's quite obvious because you cancelled that pending app and the rest automatically got updated, happy to here that. But I think you wont need a hard reset , it may be a store issue with regional apps which happens quite often. However if you want to try windows 10 TP on your 630 make sure it isn't your daily driver because it may have issues with your device which may render your device unusable for daily use, but if you are a harcore windows fan like me and want to try out beta software, go ahead and let us know the experience!

QuentinJ

May 25, 2014
Visit site
That's quite obvious because you cancelled that pending app and the rest automatically got updated, happy to here that. But I think you wont need a hard reset , it may be a store issue with regional apps which happens quite often. However if you want to try windows 10 TP on your 630 make sure it isn't your daily driver because it may have issues with your device which may render your device unusable for daily use, but if you are a harcore windows fan like me and want to try out beta software, go ahead and let us know the experience!
I figured so after the other app installed, but it is still impossible to update Netflix, I am wondering if the few MB it downloaded before stopping are in the phone and preventing progress when I tried again after... but i'll figure it out

As for W10TP - my 630 is my daily driver which is why I didn't install it (gave my 8X to my sister and I am waiting for "the flagship" at the end of the year.
I figured however that if I had to do a hard reset, I might as well try W10TP for a few days when I don't need my phone so much.. but I might wait for the next phone build ;) i'll be sure to share my experience with it if I end up installing it

Yos Rabung

Mar 8, 2015
Visit site
I also have similar problem with Lumia 630. Before there was an update of Lumia Denim, i couldn't update my LINE, after updating to Denim, almost all of my apps couldn't update. Then i went to Nokia service center and undergone a hard reset. It was fine at first, i had to complete all the phone introduction procedure and install all the previous apps.
As i realized my phone memory is almost full, i decided to transfer all possible apps to my SD card. After doing that, i couldn't update nor install some apps. i've tried uninstalling and installing again but the result the same.

Is there a problem with Denim and installing apps in SD card? I too many apps that my phone memory isn't sufficient.
Really need some help here. Thanks

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)