Who's got the Nokia Lumia 635?

chris722

Nov 9, 2014
Visit site
Good for what I paid for it. I do get stuck in resuming, and it goes into airplane mode and reboots when it is bogged down, but other than that I can't complain.

Photography and video recording is good, which is all I really wanted it for anyway.

WoodenMind

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site
Just picked up an AT&T version. My first Windows Phone (coming from a 2011-vintage LG Android) but I've owned a couple of Nokia feature phones in years past: 6210 & 6300.

So far I'm very impressed with only a few minor quibbles, like email messages always showing with a white background even when you select dark background for both the system and email. I've been eying the 830 for a while but after playing with both in the AT&T store I found the extra features not worth the cost right now, particularly when jumping ecosystem. As with everyone else, I'm looking forward to seeing what W10 and its devices bring later this year.

faith3935

Dec 8, 2014
Visit site
I recently came back from owning a Cricket Moto E unlocked and the lack of autofocus on the Moto E killed me so I switched back to an AT&T Nokia Lumia 635 as it offers more bang for the buck especially when it comes to the camera performance.
It's really hard to beat when you compare quality and performance of the 635 vs other devices in that price range. I think they chose wisely in what trade offs to make to keep the cost down but still make it a nice phone to use. So many of the budget minded phones cram a ton of mediocre hardware features in so it can do everything, but it costs in the user experience. I really enjoy using the 635. It's a fun little phone.

anon(8532178)

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site
Just picked up an AT&T version. My first Windows Phone (coming from a 2011-vintage LG Android) but I've owned a couple of Nokia feature phones in years past: 6210 & 6300.

So far I'm very impressed with only a few minor quibbles, like email messages always showing with a white background even when you select dark background for both the system and email. I've been eying the 830 for a while but after playing with both in the AT&T store I found the extra features not worth the cost right now, particularly when jumping ecosystem. As with everyone else, I'm looking forward to seeing what W10 and its devices bring later this year.

When I read stories like this it restores my confidence in this OS.

lala042883

Aug 13, 2014
Visit site
I got the 635 and I'm loving it its my first into windows phone but I've used window on a laptop before I can't wait to see what the phone can do

brad4560

Feb 25, 2012
Visit site
Had to bite the bullet and grab one of these bad boys from cricket as a 2nd phone to play with, couldn't beat the 75.00 price (free after mail in rebate) and i am happy to be playing with windows phone again ( i still have a 521 as a media player!)

ryanchase12

Aug 18, 2014
Visit site
Anyone with the L630/635 I have great news.... you wont have to worry about the system requirement page in windows insider app cause at the Windows 10 event there was a 630/635 with windows 10 for phone preview and here you go C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_Saved Images_windows10phoneshandson11_1020_0.jpg

Blkacesvf41

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
I bought this phone as a backup and to play with the Windows 10 tech preview. Boy, am I impressed! What a nice little phone this is! I almost want to make it my daily driver! I do miss Glance though.

realitydroid

Jun 4, 2014
Visit site
Just got one of these on the AT&T GoPhone service. Not as powerful as my HTC 8XT, but it was affordable and works well. Got tired of being under contract and not having LTE in my area.

MadManMoon

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
Bought it to use overseas and to play with the Windows 10 preview. Loving it so far! Had a Lumia 521 before this, but this feels faster and more fluid.
Sent from my Lumia 635 using Tapatalk

Richard Holland1

Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
Got the Nokia Lumia 635 with 1gb ram for ?54.99 with 500mins & unlimited txts on payg yesterday in the UK. Have always used android based phones in the past , never liked apple iphones but ye this phone seems really nice. I noticed earlier on people were complaining about the 635 only having 512mb ram, strange that mine has 1gb but happy of course :smile: .

travis_valkyrie

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
I've been eying on the Lumia 635 for quite a while now as a replacement for the Huawei W1 for developing apps. I unexpectedly bought the rare 1GB version. As far as I was concerned, the variant that is sold here in NZ comes with 512MB (both Microsoft and NZ carriers). I've been playing with the demo phones in stores and asking about the RAM and they've verified that it comes with 512MB. First time I bought and used the phone I was surprised by the performance compared to the 530 and W1, thinking it was the processor that made the difference. After checking extras+info, it actually has 1GB RAM and yeah I was surprised and I'm quite happy I got this model which runs Windows 10 Preview much better compared to the 530 and W1.

PS. I could've considered this as my primary phone, but the lack of OIS and LED flash, wireless charging and camera button were all trade-offs, otherwise it's a really good phone. I got it for $89NZD = ~$68USD.

Mad Cabbie

Retired Ambassador
Jun 9, 2015
Visit site
I bought my daughter one of these. What a great phone. Shame about the 512mb ram though. 4G / LTE and half a gig ram????? Anyways, it started out green, which proved to be an issue with cases etc. Bought a genuine black shell on ebay, cases not a problem anymore. Also bought a tempered screen protector. This phone is spot on. She loves it to bits, and she has always had android before!! She loves MixRadio and is constantly signing away to the latest 'chunes'!

The 635 is a cracking little phone. Just big enough to be unobtrusive, but not small enough to be awkward. I have had a play with it, and it has a couple of features that my 930 doesn't, which I would have liked. Haptic on the keyboard is the biggest omission for me on the 930, and secondly, the sd card. The 635 also allows for battery swaps, yet a flagship model doesn't!! Very strange. Still, she loves it and it is very rare for her to be seen without it!!

PS, she is eight and found her way around it quicker than me!! That's another bonus with windows phones, she would have to do something completely stupid to mess with the operating system, unlike the 'robot' OS. Very pleased. Now the wife wants one!!

1 krob

Nov 11, 2015
Visit site
Activated a few days ago & still learning it. I'm scared of using incorrectly & eating up my data plan. I got this to maybe replace my 6061 nokia flip phone. The ol flip ph, has so much info in it & 1/2 is on the sim & remaining 1/2 stuck in ph. :unhappy:

Brandon Hobart

Nov 24, 2016
Visit site
I have had Nokia Lumia 635. I don't feel like it's user-friendly or maybe it is because I'm new to Nokia Lumia phones so I'm not much familiar with the user interface. It also lacks some of the basic features. I don't understand what "Binge" is for?? Is it same like Google or what? Plus, I'm not much happy with the camera results. In short, I'm thinking to replace it with some newer Lumia. Can anyone suggest me an affordable one?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon