Lumia 635 Bugs and Defects

nysink

Aug 10, 2014
Visit site
This may not be an error, but it's annoying my neurotic self. In the store, when I tap "my apps", I get a list of apps that I once had, but are now removed. The apps I actually have installed aren't in it.

Any way to clear this list? Otherwise they should rename this into "my removed apps".

regholdsworth

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
This has been a consistent problem since I got the phone. I misses calls, even when it has a signal and I'm using WiFi calling. I can use the phone and other features but then will turn the phone off and back on and find that I have four voice mail messages from people who were trying to reach me. I'm using WiFi calling and anyway, other TMO phones I have get enough signal to receive a call. Bug?

I've been having this problem too. I'm also Tmo. I don't receive calls or text, restart it and they come in. I send text and they look like they have gone through but never do, even after the restart. I was using wifi calling so I switched it off at the weekend seeing that the problem was only happening at home which is the only place wifi calling kicks in. So only been a few days so not much to report except no drop offs yet.

Nikos Tsaousis

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site
I bought a L635 1 week ago.When i receive to my personal email an Itinerary from Ryanair, the email is not in Html but encoded.For example,
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN"

Is there a way to fix that?

Megamikstar

Oct 5, 2014
Visit site
I got my 635 just a week ago and today it just turned itself off. I watched a youtube video and then the screen was just black, I couldn't do anything except a soft reset which worked fine. But now I want to know why it happened. Any ideas?

And sorry for my english. ;)

teller34

Oct 3, 2014
Visit site
I had an iPhone 5 and wanted to try something different. I bought the 635 just to try it. My granddaughter dropped it on the carpet an the screen cracked. I liked it but think I'll get the 830 when released.

bigsee

May 1, 2014
Visit site
Sometimes my 635 doesn't have data when I switch it on. I have to on/off the airplane mode to get internet on the device. Mostly it appears when I use wifi - at home e.g. - and I go out of its area. I made a HR but the symptoms came back. My device have official 8.1, two weeks old, and my contract has internet. What can I do?

meteoright

Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
In Skype, if I try to end a call the whole screen goes black, like it does when holding it up to my ear. The phone doesn't have a proximity sensor for some reason, so it can't be that - it's probably something easily fixable in a software update.

Andygoes

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
When I'm listening to music or podcasts over my headphones (fm radio, podcasts app, Spotify, or Xbox music), and I get any kind of Cortana voice notification (text, navigation, phone call), when the audio resumes, it comes out both the headphones and speaker. FWIW, these ear buds have an inline microphone, noise cancellation, and a multifunction button. (Bose QC20) Haven't tested with standard headphones yet.

kiloeightone

Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
Question about L635 camera. Took a pic of the sky at sunset outside and noticed a purple band across bottom of image. Took a few interior shots to see if they would show similar light/distortion and they do. Cream coloured walls have red tinge, banding. Happens on both stock camera and Lumia camera. This never happened with my 520. Anyone with any experience, or is the camera possibly faulty?

drew_t

Nov 20, 2014
Visit site
I'm finding that if I go out for a walk and come back, the phone won't reconnect to my home wifi network. If I go into the wifi control screen, my network is shown at the top of the list, but when I try to manually re-connect, I get the very unhelpful message "your phone was unable to connect to (my network's name)". Turning Wi-Fi off and back on manually doesn't help, nor does going in and out of airplane mode; only rebooting the phone works. Anyone else had trouble with this?

kiloeightone

Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
So I got an exchange for my 635, and this one has the same issues, so thinking it may be the quality of the camera? I took test shots with my new 635 and an old 510 and the 510 performed better.

Luisraul924

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I've had the Lumia 635 for about four days now and I like it so far. I am either lucky or blessed that I haven't experienced any of the issues here however, I am having a weird network issue that may be more the carriers fault than the phones... Every once in a while my phone will think that there is no network connection when I typically have anywhere between 3-5 bars nothing less. Calls and texts are always fine however it's the data that freaks out every once in a while. Service provider is Cricket which runs off the ATT network in my area. ATT is really good in my area too so I'm not sure what the deal is... Any ideas would be appreciated :)

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
I am having a weird network issue that may be more the carriers fault than the phones... Every once in a while my phone will think that there is no network connection when I typically have anywhere between 3-5 bars nothing less. Calls and texts are always fine however it's the data that freaks out every once in a while.

I've had this twice with a T-Mobile 635.
Early last month I burned thru 3.5 gig of data at home (Netflix) in 3 days or so before I caught this.
The 635 was having problems switching back and forth from data to wi-fi for some reason.

This phone has taught me to pay close attention to the icons on top of the screen.

scanf

Nov 29, 2014
Visit site
This may not be an error, but it's annoying my neurotic self. In the store, when I tap "my apps", I get a list of apps that I once had, but are now removed. The apps I actually have installed aren't in it.

Any way to clear this list? Otherwise they should rename this into "my removed apps".

Yes, I noticed this to when I went to redownload everything after a SD card upgrade. I click "My Apps" and it's a list of all the apps that are NOT installed on the phone; I'm like WTF, Microsoft in what UX is this considered acceptable?

I had to ironically go to the desktop to look up all my apps, installed and un-installed.

Also peeves me that you can't delete an app from this list that you once installed but no longer use and want it off your "master" list. Both Amazon App Store and Google Play allow you to do this.

anon8433722

Mar 20, 2014
Visit site
Yes, I noticed this to when I went to redownload everything after a SD card upgrade. I click "My Apps" and it's a list of all the apps that are NOT installed on the phone; I'm like WTF, Microsoft in what UX is this considered acceptable?

I had to ironically go to the desktop to look up all my apps, installed and un-installed.

Also peeves me that you can't delete an app from this list that you once installed but no longer use and want it off your "master" list. Both Amazon App Store and Google Play allow you to do this.

I hate that sooooo much. I want a curated list Microsoft!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers