Two columns or three? (yeah I know, this is a heavy question!)

CnastyU

Aug 28, 2014
Visit site
I think I need to try all live tiles for a while and get rid of all these small ones and actually utilize the greatness of the live tile!

anon(5348756)

Sep 28, 2012
Visit site
3 columns all the way. I switched a while ago and can't look back now. I just recently cracked my 920 and went to a TMo store today to check the 635 to see if it would feel like a huge downgrade: nope, not at all. Sure some apps open slower but it's barely noticeable. Also, the screen! I'm very impressed, it is clearly better than my 920's screen, it has much deeper color quality and most impressively, I barely noticed the lower resolution. Actually I didn't notice any lesser quality, period.

My only freakout was that I was unable to switch to the 3 column style but after reading this thread it seems that must have been the store phone model which may be limited in some demo ways... I thought it could do 3 columns simply due to it's screen size, and you guys obviously confirm that. I may very well order one tonight. For reference, this is what my 920 looks like right now... :/
DSC02024a.jpg

dlalonde

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
Ouch!

I've been using three columns for the last couple of weeks and it looks very good. You can see the resolution is a little lower though but nothing horrible.

4ny0n3

Apr 25, 2012
Visit site
I managed to fit all the apps I need without the need of scrolling by using folders. What do you think? I'm actually tempted to go back to two columns. The 8X is not that big and even though it's 720p, the small icons don't look very good.
13ff795372bffbde6516581dbb7839e5.png

gomezz

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
I have stuck with two as three does not let me have a full width tile for Calendar. They need to introduce an extra-large size tile for this.

jojoe42

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
Three on my 1020 w/ transparent tiles. I love the ability to have denser live tile information available with less swiping!!

jojoe42

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
Three on my 1020 w/ transparent tiles. I love the ability to have denser live tile information available with less swiping!!

SammyD97

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
I have stuck with two as three does not let me have a full width tile for Calendar. They need to introduce an extra-large size tile for this.

A tile that goes across three columns would have to use the old dimensions otherwise it would just look super ridiculous if they just stretched the current wide tile for three rows.

gomezz

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
You mean that you would like a three column wide tile for the calendar?
Sure would. For me, it is far and away the most important function of the phone. I would be ecstatic if it had a live tile as big as the whole screen (barring a strip for other notifications) showing a week's appointments..

mj0

Oct 10, 2014
Visit site
Two, I've tried three but things seemed a tad too small for me to use comfortably. Since I only have 26 tiles pinned to my start screen I keep the ones I use most frequently at the top section and the rest down below. Only one full width tile - MSN Weather. The rest is either normal sized or

dlalonde

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
Went back to two this week. My first phone (HTC 8s) had two columns so I'm quite used to it. Every time I see a picture of a Windows Phone with two columns while I'm on three I think "mmm looked better like that".

I'll probably change again in a month! lol ;)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb