Two columns or three? (yeah I know, this is a heavy question!)

MAHER_Central

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site
Hi,
I have a Lumia 925 (4.5 inches). In the beginning I had 2 columns but I couldn't pin many apps. So I put 3 columns and now it's better. I prefer my start screen with 3 columns so I can pin all my important apps.

Bob Henry

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
Can I answer with an 8X? It's funny I stumbled across this, because as soon as the DP for 8.1 came out I switched to 3 columns with a photo skinned behind them. I think I was dying to be able to do it, because originally with GDR3 I wasn't allowed to due to screen size.

Funny enough, I have gone back to the 2 row, solid color "classic wp8" look and I find I actually really missed the simplicity! The double wide tiles are a thing of beauty, and the information at a glance is much easier to make out.

I think I'll stick with the 2 row for the foreseeable future, and I'm really surprised that I feel that way lol.

Furt

Jun 15, 2014
Visit site
my 635 is still only a couple days old, so I don't have that many things pinned to the start page. I'll keep it at 2 columns until it gets unreasonable.

Ice_Cold_Q

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
3 looks ugly on the 635, everything is too small and the list of all apps when you swipe right also become smaller, the icons become smaller, which makes it even more uglier. 2 all the way!

dlalonde

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
I've used 2 columns personally but after I've tried 3 columns, I don't think I'm able to go back. It just feels like it's too big now. But the notifiations and live tiles are a bit small and sometimes harder to read on the three columns. But that's the trap, using three columns for a while and then trying to go back to two, they feel huge.

Guytronic: See I've used both 2 and two, 3 and three just to make my reply more diversified! ;-)

mark233

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
Using the 3 column option here. I have 22 tiles pinned but only have 3 rows on the screen where I'm using the 3 column option (middle sized tiles). The rest of the rows are made up of one wide and one medium for each row.

CnastyU

Aug 28, 2014
Visit site
I am very OCD and like to keep it very minimal and clean so i go 2 columns. Now with the addition of folders my OCD is very happy to sort things together :eek:rly:

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
I used to be firmly in the two column. Then one day I decided to "test out" three columns. I haven't gone back since.

holzlondon

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Switched to 3 recently on my 920. And even though I have a lot of small size tiles, I still can't fit it all on the screen without scrolling... Did a recent hard reset, and after logging back in with my account, the ship restored 135 apps. I've purged about 25 or so since then, but it really seems I have too many apps... BTW, I'm not using a single double wide tile on my start screen...

dlalonde

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
Switched to 3 recently on my 920. And even though I have a lot of small size tiles, I still can't fit it all on the screen without scrolling... Did a recent hard reset, and after logging back in with my account, the ship restored 135 apps. I've purged about 25 or so since then, but it really seems I have too many apps... BTW, I'm not using a single double wide tile on my start screen...

I recently went back to two because of that. I felt there was just too many tiles. But I'll probably go back some day :p

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bradhism