Facebook on my phone

Steve L3

Nov 24, 2014
Visit site
This is really more of a Facebook question that phone but maybe someone can help.

I am getting all kinds of stuff on my new Cricket Nokia Lumia 635 on FB I'm not getting anyplace else.
I keep getting stuff from some tattoo parlor and sports teams I don't want. How do I unfriendly/stop this
unwanted stuff? I think I have the official FB app for win 8.1 phones but I don't see anyplace to unfriendly
or anything like that.

Thanks

Ashish Gupta888

Retired Ambassador
Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
This is really more of a Facebook question that phone but maybe someone can help.

I am getting all kinds of stuff on my new Cricket Nokia Lumia 635 on FB I'm not getting anyplace else.
I keep getting stuff from some tattoo parlor and sports teams I don't want. How do I unfriendly/stop this
unwanted stuff? I think I have the official FB app for win 8.1 phones but I don't see anyplace to unfriendly
or anything like that.

Thanks

Click on the FB profile link for those pages and unlike. Once you unlike, you wont see posts from those pages.

Steve L3

Nov 24, 2014
Visit site
Thanks Ashish but I don't see any place to do that on my phone when I am in FB. See the screen shot. All I have is what you see at the bottom. Also the ones I want to get rid of do not show any place but on my phone so I can't unlike them on my PC.:crying:

Attachments

• phoneshot.jpg
    phoneshot.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 12

ajb1965

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
Doing this from WP: Click on the Sacramento Republic FC name in that post and it will take you to their page. When their page loads there's a 'Like' thumb near the top on the right. Select the thumb to unlike that page and you won't see anything from that user/group page anymore.

Steve L3

Nov 24, 2014
Visit site
Doing this from WP: Click on the Sacramento Republic FC name in that post and it will take you to their page. When their page loads there's a 'Like' thumb near the top on the right. Select the thumb to unlike that page and you won't see anything from that user/group page anymore.

Thanks for the advice but there is no unlike button, only a like and that is all it does is like.

Also what do you mean: Doing this from WP? WP to me means Wordpress. I am doing this from the FB app not Wordpress.

Thanks

Attachments

• Sac re.jpg
    Sac re.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 8

Ashish Gupta888

Retired Ambassador
Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the advice but there is no unlike button, only a like and that is all it does is like.

Also what do you mean: Doing this from WP? WP to me means Wordpress. I am doing this from the FB app not Wordpress.

Thanks

Press/touch the like button one more time,you'll be able to unlike it then :)

Steve L3

Nov 24, 2014
Visit site
Thanks Ashish! I think the stuff popping has stopped.

Since you seem to know the WP and FB pretty well have another question.
How do I stop the window at the top suggesting people I may know?

Thanks,

Steve

P.S. same thing with group's I'm getting suggestions there to of crap I have no interest in.

Attachments

• mayknow.jpg
    mayknow.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 4

Ashish Gupta888

Retired Ambassador
Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
Thanks Ashish! I think the stuff popping has stopped.

Since you seem to know the WP and FB pretty well have another question.
How do I stop the window at the top suggesting people I may know?

Thanks,

Steve

P.S. same thing with group's I'm getting suggestions there to of crap I have no interest in.

Hi Steve,
This is basically a FB feature that helps you to connect with more friends. There is no setting to disable this in one go. Just keep pressing X button for each friend suggestion and do it until it stops suggesting you more friends. It may populate for one or two logins but will disappear if you consistently cancel/reject all suggestions. This is an algorithm that helps users to connect with more friends and it will stop populating friends suggestion once it identifies that you don't need the friend suggestion anymore and you can achieve it by cancelling suggestions.

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

Thanks
Just to clarify... WP = Windows Phone ;)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
petazinta