Lumia 635 reliability ?

Barracuda7772

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
I'm looking for people who have owned the 635 from the beginning and want to know of the power and volume keys stand the test of time.

Any other info on reliability would be appreciated.

Thanks

tanya shah1

Banned
Mar 13, 2014
Visit site
I'm looking for people who have owned the 635 from the beginning and want to know of the power and volume keys stand the test of time.

Thanks

I dont own a 635 but i do own a 720 and 820 and i will say this-Lumias are one of the sturdiest and best made handsets in the market today and even 2 years after release my Lumias have outlived my brothers iphones whose power and home buttons have broken 5-6 times ,sometimes even within a week

k72

Jul 23, 2014
Visit site

Thanks

I've had mine since the second day T-Mobile sold them. I use a case and I've never dropped it, but everything has held up great. I've had no issues at all with the physical phone. It also still runs great with no issues.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Do know that there are defective phones are present in any phone model, so it is POSSIBLE, thought NOT LIKELY that you receive a defective model.

With that in mind, enjoy!

anon8433722

Mar 20, 2014
Visit site
The only thing I don't like about my 635 is the screen feels really cheap. It's like there was no coating on it at all and the AT&T "it can wait" sticker sucked it all up. I got a tempered glass protector and it fixed it, but still. I hosed the install (let a speck of dirt in) and eventually removed it. I'll probably drop another $60 to replace it with a fresh one. Can't say that about any other smartphone.

benoitgphoto

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site
635 has a very solid build. Dropped mine a few times and it has no scratch at all. Biggest downside IMO is the shell is sliding easily out of the hands since it is a bit shiny maybe.

etad putta

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
The only thing I don't like about my 635 is the screen feels really cheap. It's like there was no coating on it at all and the AT&T "it can wait" sticker sucked it all up. I got a tempered glass protector and it fixed it, but still. I hosed the install (let a speck of dirt in) and eventually removed it. I'll probably drop another $60 to replace it with a fresh one. Can't say that about any other smartphone.

Uh, the screen is Gorilla glass 3. It feels as good as any other phone with GG3 to me. I've managed to drop mine a couple of times and have been lucky, no damage. Great phone.

benoitgphoto

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site
Wamsille us right. There is no coating on the 635 even though it has GG3. I have the 635 and the 830, both has the GG3 but the 830 has a very efficient oleophobic coating. The 635 becomes dirty really easily when the 830 stays clean. Also, both screen don't have the same feeling to the touch.

etad putta

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
Wamsille us right. There is no coating on the 635 even though it has GG3. I have the 635 and the 830, both has the GG3 but the 830 has a very efficient oleophobic coating. The 635 becomes dirty really easily when the 830 stays clean. Also, both screen don't have the same feeling to the touch.
Lets see, Lumia 830=$449.99 Lumia 635=$39.99. I'm ok not having a "very efficient oleophobic coating" If the screen gets a little dirty, i wipe it off. I might even spit on it and wipe it with my sleeve. I have working man hands and fingers so you ladies will have to comment on whether the screen has a nice feel or not. Staying on topic I'm not sure feel affects reliability.

Alfa Kapa

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
Very solid phone.
Mine has faceplanted 2 times, each time I had that feeling that the phone was totaled,
but after picking it up I was surprised that it didn't even have a scratch on it.
And a couple of times the cover has fly of the phone from side drops.
Still not even a single scratch on it.
The buttons after 5 months feel very good and sturdy.

But it is really slippery when you hold it at an angle for example at the bed and I think it is not because of the slippery back cover but because of the angled sides of the phone. Also the screen is fingerprint-oil magnet and if you clean it the finger slides on the screen with difficulty.

ajb1965

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
I have had no major issues with mine. Dropped it once or twice and the back cover flies off, but put it back together and it works like a champ. I don't use a case either. While it is a low cost device, I have never felt any 'get what you pay for' type of pains. Solid phone, good value. End of sentence.

tigrucat

Dec 20, 2014
Visit site
I thought about getting this as I wanted a cheap 4G phone as an alternative to getting phone insurance for high risk situations (phone insurance in the UK is a con) but my main concern was the 512MB ram and this phone becoming obsolete very quickly so I got the Moto G 4G instead.

Is anyone else who has thought about buying this phone worried about it becoming obsolete very quickly?

Barracuda7772

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
I thought about getting this as I wanted a cheap 4G phone as an alternative to getting phone insurance for high risk situations (phone insurance in the UK is a con) but my main concern was the 512MB ram and this phone becoming obsolete very quickly so I got the Moto G 4G instead.

Is anyone else who has thought about buying this phone worried about it becoming obsolete very quickly?

This is a non issue. Windows phone is becoming more and more ram efficient and were getting windows phone 10 as well

etad putta

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site

I worry more about Windows mobile itself becoming obsolete before the phone. It's a great inexpensive device. If AT&T gets off their backsides and brings my version the next group of updates in a rapid fashion, it will be that much better. I can't say how long i will keep it as my main phone as the windows line tends to come up with some great deals, but i won't get rid of it.

scanf

Nov 29, 2014
Visit site
This is a non issue. Windows phone is becoming more and more ram efficient and were getting windows phone 10 as well

It most assuredly is an issue! If you want to play most games in the store the lack of a full GB if RAM will impact you negatively.

And merely stating Win 10 will fix everything simply underscores how obsolete the 635 will be as Win 10 is at least 10 mos away!

I've owned the 635 from release and the build materials are cheap (crappy screen, plasticky back) but the build quality is high. This phone can survive a drop or two most definitely.

Unlike the 830s there are no touch issues. All the buttons are responsive as well as the screen.

It's the crappy and incomplete OS that is the problem.

Just as the Denim update brings features only to the newer phones you can expect the 635 to receive squat from Win 10.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3