Lock Screen Calendar Events Old

bradwood

Jan 3, 2015
Visit site
The events that appear on my lock screen are about a week old (not very helpful). The main app that is using the lock screen is weather, then I have additionally calendar events appearing at the bottom. Wondering if anyone else is experiencing.

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
Ni I do not have a problem with old calander events.
Do you allow calendar to work in the background (Battery saver setting) if not allow it and check if it works,

eusty

Jun 1, 2014
Visit site
Sometimes the live update fails to work, so you have to delete the tile and then put it back on again.

I've had this happen with the News tile a couple of times.

bradwood

Jan 3, 2015
Visit site
Ni I do not have a problem with old calander events.
Do you allow calendar to work in the background (Battery saver setting) if not allow it and check if it works,
Saver settings turned off. Actually, the problem is even worse than a week old. The lock screen shows one event and won't let go until... not sure. It has only changed a couple times ever.

poit57

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
I have been having this issue off and on since I first installed Windows Phone 8.1 last May through the Preview for Developers program. At one point, I think it was resolved with an intermediate update, but I've been dealing with this same issue for months now. I'm currently running the preview of WP 8.1 update 1 on my Lumia 920 since it has not yet officially been released by AT&T.

Per several threads I just read, I have allowed Calendar to run in the background even when Battery Saver is on. I doubt that will make a difference since the app shows 0% use and 0% in the background. The only way I can get the lock screen to update to the current day's calendar events is to power cycle the phone or soft reset. Simply changing the detailed app on the lockscreen to a different app then back to the calendar didn't help. All it did was cycle to the next calendar event for the day it was stuck on (2 days ago). I tried again to see if it would advance to the next calendar event, but it was still stuck on the last calendar event for 2 days ago.

poit57

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
Well, I was skeptical, but I ticked the box in the battery saver to "allow this app to run in the background even when Battery Saver is on" for the calendar. It's been nearly a week, and the lock screen calendar details have been updating every day without having to power cycle the phone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss