Denim update for L635

derbio

Jan 28, 2015
Visit site
Will read travis, have always read info from headquarters but it's generally not as straight forward as I would want it but will always keep an open mind.
Derbio

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Windows Phone 8.1 Update I believe enables Cortana for the UK. (I could be remembering wrong)
It can be obtained independently from the Denim firmware package via the Preview for Developer's program - the release date of which for your model and region isn't known. (as is the norm)

derbio

Jan 28, 2015
Visit site
I have 8.1 Cyan on my l635 but no Cortana. I want to keep to the correct location so no swapping to american which woul mean loosing finding places near by in GB.wheh eventually the Denim update rolls out via my carrier (Vodafone) how do I access the Preview for Developers program, if that's the only way I can obtain Cortana or any other major change?
Derbio

nysink

Aug 10, 2014
Visit site
Still no Cortana in Dutch... Terrible marketing people over at MS if you ask me. First you develop the app for every country you sell your phone, THEN you release it. Not the other way around.
Same for the MS Band.

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
Je maakt een grapje hoop ik.
You must be joking. There are about 195 countries in the world so lets say that you can use a windows phone in 100 of them. You really expect that Microsoft first needs to "make" an app for all these counties first?

Bye the way Siri is also not available in Dutch.

nysink

Aug 10, 2014
Visit site
Ze maken er hier in Belgi? overal reclame voor, dan moeten ze ook maar zorgen dat hij in het Nederlands beschikbaar is. Net zoals wordflow. Maken ze hier reclame voor, maar is alleen beschikbaar met het NL toetsenbord, niet met het BE toetsenbord.
Ik snap dat het niet mogelijk is voor elk land, maar toch tenminste voor verschillende talen. Hoe moeilijk kan het zijn om alles wat Cortana in het Engels zegt, op te nemen in het Nederlands...

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
Cortana is already available in the following languages : English (United States), English (Australia) English (United Kingdom), English (Canada) , English (India), Chinese (mandarin), German, Spanish, French, Italian .
And 2 of the above are official languages in Belgium.
But for al of them accept American you need denim. And denim is rolling out now (slow but still )

nysink

Aug 10, 2014
Visit site
Already got the Denim update.
You're right, but the first language is Dutch. And when I set my phone to US or UK, I would have the same problem that derbio mentioned above, finding places nearby will be useless. Guess I'll have to live without MS's great parade horse as long as I live here.

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
. Guess I'll have to live without MS's great parade horse as long as I live here.

Indeed but don't move to the Netherland because then you have the same problem. :'(

On the otherhand if you move to the Netherlands you can use wordflow. ;-)

nysink

Aug 10, 2014
Visit site
Indeed but don't move to the Netherland because then you have the same problem. :'(

On the otherhand if you move to the Netherlands you can use wordflow. ;-)
Haha. I've set my keyboard to NL since I got my phone :) Only reason I'd move to the Netherlands = more holidays and "baaldagen".

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3