[Guide] De-branding AT&T Nokia Lumia 635/**820**

nCogNeato

Dec 6, 2013
Visit site
Thanks a lot for that guide!!!

After many failures with other Tut's I finally managed to debrand my ATT Lumia 635. Without the ATT lock I also managed to flash a RM-974 ROM on the RM-975 origin after debranding the device. Everything's OK.

Looking forward trying to debrand my new Lumia 640 LTE ATT GoPhone when it arrives.

THX once more!!!

Let us know how it goes. I also have a 640 I'd like to de-brand, but haven't seen a successful attempt yet.

PepperdotNet

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
The basic premise of this is changing the product code of an AT&T device so that it finds and downloads a newer firmware for a non-AT&T product code. If there's no newer firmware available you are stuck. Depending on how long the phone has been available, you could flash it to the oldest proper AT&T firmware, do the registry fix to change the product code, and then do the OTA upgrade. If that is successful, you can then explore doing a direct flash with a non-AT&T firmware. To flash a device with a different product code you need something more flexible than the recovery tool.

phil2991

Oct 14, 2015
Visit site
Can anyone tell me how to change my Lumia 635 back to AT&T firmware after following this debranding tutorial? I would like to get my phone back to a state where I can use the Windows Device Recovery Tool again....

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Can anyone tell me how to change my Lumia 635 back to AT&T firmware after following this debranding tutorial? I would like to get my phone back to a state where I can use the Windows Device Recovery Tool again....

I haven't personally tried this but I believe the old Lumia Software Recovery does revert back to the original ROM (check this thread)

Download link: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=525568

phil2991

Oct 14, 2015
Visit site
Unfortunately, that did not work. It said I need to use the new Windows Device Recovery Tool... Its too bad that there is not a way to just manually flash the AT&T firmware onto the phone.

PepperdotNet

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
The way to do it, and I don't know whether it would work or not, would be to flash the phone to an earlier version of the unbranded ROM you have it on now, then use the registry trick to change it back into the appropriate AT&T device, then let it update OTA. Basically the reversal of the unbranding process.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Does WDRT give you an FFU error?
Or try changing the registry back to the AT&T postpaid 635 which has a newer firmware and it should overwrite it.

phil2991

Oct 14, 2015
Visit site
I manually flashed the T-Mobile ffu (059V6W5) - I made sure not to have any type of data or wifi connection so the update would not download until I performed the registry trick. Once I completed the registry trick (switched back to ATT-US and RM-975_1005), I checked for updates, and let it install. Upon rebooting the phone is still on T-Mobile firmware...

xiForza5

Oct 15, 2015
Visit site
Hi have the Lumia 635 ATT i already unbranded it few month ago...As far i understand this is what i need to take it back to 8.1 and then download the latest Windows 10 build?

Screenshot (27).png

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
I manually flashed the T-Mobile ffu (059V6W5) - I made sure not to have any type of data or wifi connection so the update would not download until I performed the registry trick. Once I completed the registry trick (switched back to ATT-US and RM-975_1005), I checked for updates, and let it install. Upon rebooting the phone is still on T-Mobile firmware...

AT&T is RM-975_1035, try it.

What can I do?

Are you trying to go back to AT&T firmware?

Xanthurum

Sep 27, 2012
Visit site
Hey everybody!

Yesterday I tried to debrand my 640 LTE ATT GoPhone. (reset protection OFF)

RM-1073_1044 -> RM-1072_1052
ATT... -> 000-AT

Unfortunatly it didn't work with that trick! (on the 635 it did)
All steps in the procedure work except the last on: searching for updates...
Phone respondes with "up to date".

But I will continue watching this in the future. Maybe someone else got lucky on debranding the 640 and will share his knowledge/steps.

By the way: I'm wondering if it would be possible to just turn off that ATT logo at bootup with this handy registry editor from the tutorial since the phone working properly here in Austria on all GSM-bands... (after unlocking). Uninstalling the ATT stuff manually isn't really a lot of work so I could live with that.
Any ideas?

Cheers

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss