Did anyone else get Denim on their AT&T Lumia 635?

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
I have not yet heard of any AT&T L635 customers here in the US getting those updates. I did, however, debrand my AT&T Lumia 635 on Saturday, checked for updates, and updated to Denim. (Flashed the ROM). I also followed the [Guide] Installing WP 8.1 Update 2 on Lumia instructions and got the GDR2 update. Loving every bit of it.

Question is, did you get the update normally? Or did you use the Guide and flash your device to get it? If it came out normal just 3 days after I went to the trouble, I might actually grind my teeth.

UNIX based

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
Sorry for the rash input but what they did Is bad. Make a long story short att rom is watching you. If it says lte even when your not on lte call att

Dave47

Mar 11, 2014
Visit site
I just checked ATT's software update site for the 635 and found --- no updates are currently available for your device. Doesn't explain what happened to Arturo8450's 635 though, which can be seen as a ray of hope.

Dave47

Mar 11, 2014
Visit site
Interesting that someone with 2 635s in another thread here claims to have gotten the Denim update request on one of the phones but not on the other. Unfortunately, no mention of country or carrier.

Arturo8450

Jan 11, 2015
Visit site
I got the update the normal way, I don't know how to flash the ROM. What else is interesting is that Windows Central app isn't loading anymore

Last edited:

rhapdog

Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
I just checked ATT's software update site for the 635 and found --- no updates are currently available for your device. Doesn't explain what happened to Arturo8450's 635 though, which can be seen as a ray of hope.

I've been searching on the AT&T site. Where is the software update stuff? Can you provide a link?

EDIT: Nevermind... just found this:
Microsoft Support for Lumia 635 Update Status

It shows that AT&T has begun the roll-out for Denim for the L635 here in the US. Just 3 days after I did it by removing the AT&T Branding from my phone. That figures. And from the OS version shown on that support page, it's for GDR2 with Denim. Very cool. That's what I spent the weekend flashing the ROM to do.

I'd suggest everyone on AT&T with a Lumia 635 to check for updates. Denim and GDR2 are WELL WORTH the upgrade!

I did find the AT&T Support page, though, and it says no updates are available, so not sure who is right here. Since Arturo got it, I'm leaning toward Microsoft's page on this. Can someone else with an AT&T Lumia confirm please? Probably a rolling update by region in the US, so it may take a few days to be available nation-wide.

EDIT: AT&T Support page now shows it began roll-out on June 9, 2015. Took them a bit to get it updated is all. Nice.

Last edited:

rhapdog

Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
I'd like to know if Reset Protection comes with that official release as well.

In the meantime, I tipped WC in case they want to run a story on the AT&T Lumia 635 getting Denim with GDR2 at long last. Perhaps now AT&T will start updating other devices as well with this. Then again, perhaps they felt the 635 would need it to make it ready for the W10 upgrade later. I don't know.

stefanorickeets

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site

In the meantime, I tipped WC in case they want to run a story on the AT&T Lumia 635 getting Denim with GDR2 at long last. Perhaps now AT&T will start updating other devices as well with this. Then again, perhaps they felt the 635 would need it to make it ready for the W10 upgrade later. I don't know.

Not seeing the update on my L635 yet. Didn't they say Reset Protection required new hardware?

Legoboyii

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site

Not seeing any new updates yet on my PfD AT&T Lumia 635.

rhapdog

Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
Reset protection does require new hardware to my understanding. It requires a specific new set of SOCs that has the feature available in the UEFI BIOS. Not sure if the SOC for the L635 has that or not, but Reset Protection is not available on mine.

As far as some (or many) not yet seeing the update, I'm beginning to wonder if AT&T was sending out to a small sample as a test market before final roll-out. Microsoft is showing it available for AT&T for distribution, which means AT&T must have agreed to distribute OTA. We have at least one user receiving it here on the forums, and I've found someone (a family member) who lives about an hour from me that has also been notified of the update, but has not yet installed it. She wants to wait until I'm over there for a visit this coming weekend in case there is a problem with the update, so I'll find out more about this "update" she has waiting then. She's got the AT&T L635.

Usually carriers do a gradual roll-out to keep from overloading their servers. They don't want to send it all out at once, so it gets staggered to different regions a little at a time, and sometimes can take a while.

That's my understanding of all this at least. Take it all with a grain of salt. If you're not getting it and really, really want it, there are ways to get it.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Rhapdog: Did you tip WC that it has started rolling out? You should have mentioned it's on Navifirm only and a wide rollout might not have started. Unfortunately Harish should have done some homework before posting the article...now there is more confusion :-/

Surprisingly surur from WMPowerUser wanted me to send him a screen shot as proof before posting it..lol

rhapdog

Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
Rhapdog: Did you tip WC that it has started rolling out? You should have mentioned it's on Navifirm only and a wide rollout might not have started. Unfortunately Harish should have done some homework before posting the article...now there is more confusion :-/

Surprisingly surur from WMPowerUser wanted me to send him a screen shot as proof before posting it..lol

Yeah, I sent a tip with the Microsoft support link, and stated that AT&T support site not yet showing it, but that one user in this thread (and I linked this thread) reported as having received it.

Got to be in the works for roll-out.

Arturo8450

Jan 11, 2015
Visit site
I think it's making a Gradual rollout as well, I think it's going by regions at a time, I think people that have AT&T 635 where I live (Las Vegas, NV) got the update. If you guys got it can you tell us which city/ state you got it from.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa