Problem Backing Up Nokia 635 to the Cloud

Chase451

Aug 28, 2016
Visit site
I have taken all of the steps to back up my app content to my one drive. However, the content saves up to 96% followed by the error message, "There was a problem backing up your settings. Try again later." I've tried several times but the outcome is the same. Does anyone have the solution?

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
I have taken all of the steps to back up my app content to my one drive. However, the content saves up to 96% followed by the error message, "There was a problem backing up your settings. Try again later." I've tried several times but the outcome is the same. Does anyone have the solution?

try removing the apps in the backup one by one and testing until the backup happens - the app you last removed is causing the issue

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

Rangan Das

May 1, 2014
Visit site
1. Check your network connection.
2. Are you using Windows Phone 8.1? I don't exactly remember WP8.1 now, but if there is an option to turn off backing up app data, then turn that off and try. Maybe some app data has been corrupted and cannot be backed up?!
3. Try clearing temporary files, internet cache and retry. Got any problematic apps? One that wont launch or something? Get rid of those.
4. Nuclear Option: A reset should solve any issue.

Chase451

Aug 28, 2016
Visit site
@Chintan thank you for responding. So far I have only added Whats App to what was already on the phone. Also, I have not backed up before so there is nothing to remove. When I first set up the account with my phone, I opted not to automatically backup to the cloud. That may have been the best option.

Chase451

Aug 28, 2016
Visit site
@Chintan thank you for responding. So far I have only added Whats App to what was already on the phone. Also, I have not backed up before so there is nothing to remove. When I first set up the account with my phone, I opted not to automatically backup to the cloud. That may have been the best option.

Chase451

Aug 28, 2016
Visit site
Thank you @Rangan Das. I do have Window Phone 8.1. I just realized today that the free software update to Windows Phone 10 expired July 29. I turned the back up off and back on but the process continues up to 96% followed by the error message. I don't have any problems with my apps.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Thank you @Rangan Das. I do have Window Phone 8.1. I just realized today that the free software update to Windows Phone 10 expired July 29. I turned the back up off and back on but the process continues up to 96% followed by the error message. I don't have any problems with my apps.

you can upgrade your phone at any time, the July 29th free upgrade was for pc only, not mobiles

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo