HOW TO: Delete Contacts from SIM Card

sp3ci4lk

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
This is intended as a (hopefully) helpful how-to for those who might be in the same boat I was in.

When I got my Lumia 710, the T-Mobile rep used a machine to copy all of the contact I had on my old phone to my new one. I'm not big on having contacts on my SIM, so I was apprehensive but figured I'd just delete them from my 710's SIM once I got my Live and Gmail accounts set up (which I did). The trouble was figuring out how to do this (delete all of the contacts from my 710's SIM) -- it was, at least to me, a bit tricky to figure out, but I did, so here it is:

1) Select People > ... > settings and select "import SIM contacts;" imported SIM contacts will be automatically synchronized to your Live.com account (so create one if you don't already have one).

2) After the import, select "filter my contact list" (People > ... > settings).

3) In the list of accounts, make SURE that ONLY Windows Live is checked. This purpose of this step is only to verify that all of the contacts on your phone's SIM have been imported.

4) Sign in to your Live.com account (from a computer), go to your contacts list, and delete all of the contacts.

5) Once all of you Live.com contacts have been deleted, go to Settings > email+accounts (on your phone), long-press "Windows Live," and select "sync."

6) This will delete all of the Live.com contacts in a single pass, in-turn removing them from your phone's SIM. To verify this, select People > ... > settings and again select "import SIM contacts." The contacts list on your phone should now include only two "baked in" carrier entries, verifying that all of your contacts have been successfully removed from your phone's SIM card.

7) Last, go back to People > ... > settings, select "filter my contact list," and check any accounts whose contacts you want displayed.

I hope this helps.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire