sales experience

anon(5335877)

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
I would recommend that you ask ppl what they want first not everybody needs to use Skype, Words With Friends, Pandora. If people need a bunch of apps and are willing to pay 99$ 199$ I recommend an iPhone. If somebody really likes tweeking, customization and having a portable PC I recommend and Android. If somebody just wants a phone that works and focuses on the key aspects of what a phone should do (communication) and doesn't want to pay top dollar for a iPhone then Windowsphone all the way.

I agree completely. Also, I would tell them to try the phone in store if they get the chance. I mean, you don't buy a car without test driving it first, right?

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
But you spent a whole lot of words proclaiming that WP7 doesn't do this or that when it actually does.

Every topic on this forum of a new user has turn out like this. "So I got a new Windows phone and I miss _______".

Why does it have to be that way? Can we just have an OS that's on par with the other ones. If you recommend Windows Phone you recommend disappointment.

wp_ish

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
Every topic on this forum of a new user has turn out like this. "So I got a new Windows phone and I miss _______".

Why does it have to be that way? Can we just have an OS that's on par with the other ones. If you recommend Windows Phone you recommend disappointment.

Speaking as a huge windows phone fan, we may have fewer apps, but we have a better os. If I switched to an iphone, I would hate the lack of llve tiles. Little things I take for granted are lacking elsewhwere. I don't open an app to see the weather, I just look at my htc hub, I don't need to check the status of a flight, because I pinned that flight from inside the American air app, I can take a photo and immediately share to facebook or twitter.

When I first switched from my evo to my arrive, it took me a week or two to get used to it. There were things I missed about android, but windows phone just kept getting better as I learned more about it.

Now, if I switched to iOS or android I would miss a ton of wp7 stuff, since the OS is more elegant and intelligently thought out, in my opinion. And if sales ramp up, then the apps will continue to increase, but 60,000 is plenty for me.

ALborntoride

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
My experience in North Alabama is not that good but its not that bad either. Every time i go to the ATT store here to check out new phones the sales staff are doing their best to get me to switch to Android or Iphone. When i ask them why, they all give the same answer. Lack of apps, no customization, etc. Then when I try and explain why i like windows phone they look at me like i'm crazy especially when i mention that my WP phone is as good if not better than their brand new Android phone. Oh well. I kinda like going in there just to say what they say to me. And the good part...well since the sales staff doesn't push WP then usually the new phones don't get sold out on day one. I'm looking at strolling into the store on March 18 and picking up that Nokia 900. NICE!!!

darthhen

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site

I think many users that switched to WP (including myself from Galaxy S), has used either an Android or iPhone. Personally, I was definitely accustomed to certain features on the Android (Gingerbread) had offered. That being said, I can't say that I miss _________. Every operating system puts the end user in some type of confined method of performing tasks. I used Solaris, HP-UX, Linux (different flavors), Windows (from 3.1), they all have their good and bad. As an end user, I believe that I need to learn a new way of doing things, gotta take the good and bad.

My coworkers are taking notice of my WP now. I show them how different it is compared to iPhone and Android. Less clutter and also customization. Simplicity is the key. On the start screen, there are 8 tiles, all quick and easily accessable. When they pull up their phone, they have a bunch of icons. Granted they can customize it and remove the clutter, but at the end of the day, the user experience is not the same.

Regarding the main topic of this thread....I wonder if there are any differences in sales commission they get among, iPhone, variants of Android, and WP. The sales guy would always want to sell the phone that gets them the most $$$....

Giddora

Jan 14, 2012
Visit site
I had a nice experience at "MediaMarkt" yesterday.

I was there to buy a computer for my mother, but I sneaked by the phone-section while she was trying to understand what a trackpad is.

Anyways... I stood there for a while and a rep came to me... I just said "Uhm, do you have any windows phones?" and sounded as stupid as possible... I know they always have had Windows Phones on display, but they are never turned on so I usually plug in the charger and start them up. :D

To my surprise he said "Offcourse! We have both the Titan and the Radar available right now, but we're getting a really sweet Nokia-phone in a couple of weeks if you can wait.". I asked him to tell me a little more about these Nokia phones and he sounded quite interested himself... So I slapped out my Lumia 800 and he went "You *******! I've been eyeing them and waiting to try them..."

We talked a bit and he was genuinely interested in the system and asked a few questions... He then said "Well... I'm an Android guy right now, and Iphone is not an option... Maybe Windows Phone is."... We talked a bit more and then he said "It's weird that there aren't more people asking for Windows Phones seeing how fluid and smooth they are...". So it looks like the reps are getting their head turned around a bit... But public knowledge is still low.

I also told him about the sales incentives coming soon... And he said "Well... I work for the wrong company and will never see a penny..." :p

I was pleasently surprised!

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
I wish I could brag about my Windows Phone. But my crappy carrier never lets me, people often come to me and are like WOW cool phone! ( The Optimus 7 is quite a sexy beast) and they want me to show them to them but I don't even bother because I never have data connection or a conection so slow that it will just make them think that the phone is slow because it has windows on it.

When I get my Lumia 900 ( and dang it, T-mobile better get it ) I'll will shove it into people's face. Bing Vision alone has made people think my phone is a weird magical device from the future.

msquaredm

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
Just joined this forum cause I think WP will be my next phone come March 18. Anyway, just got back from the ATT store to finally play around on a titan and focus S and I think I'm going to like it. But when the sales guy comes out and I asked about the WP phone I think he said it was junk. really. :confused: Then I said why, cause of the apps? He said WP only had 75k, and quality wasn't there either. I said how many do you need? He said iphone had 750k or 10x more. What a tool. Good think I surf (or troll for a while) on WPCentral cause the average person won't even think about WP with that guy.

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site

That's going to happen with a different paradigm.

If someone uses a Windows Phone for a while and goes elsewhere, it's pretty much guaranteed they'll say the same thing.

"I bought a Nexus, but I miss the live tiles, local scout, etc..."
"I bought an iPhone but I miss the people hub, xbox live, etc..."

Zumanity

Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
I think we have to realize that Sales people are just pushing what their higher ups tell them to push.

A company is out to make as much profit as possible, they have to in order to survive. Right now phones such as the Galaxy Series, iPhone, and other Android behemoths sell more than Windows Phone, it's just pure fact. They were out in the market longer, so they have a bigger foothold. Windows Phone is not making as much profit for them as the others, so why sell it as well as the others? Just does not make business sense. Many of us have to realize there is a huge business sense to selling phones.

I my self am a Windows Phone owner with the HD7, I can say everything is great (much better than the previous Android I owned), so I am satisfied. But again, the companies need to sell whats popular in order to gain profit. It's up to Microsoft in all honesty to convince the companies that they should be selling their platform.

The future holds many interesting things for WP7, lets wait and see.

Giddora

Jan 14, 2012
Visit site
Just joined this forum cause I think WP will be my next phone come March 18. Anyway, just got back from the ATT store to finally play around on a titan and focus S and I think I'm going to like it. But when the sales guy comes out and I asked about the WP phone I think he said it was junk. really. :confused: Then I said why, cause of the apps? He said WP only had 75k, and quality wasn't there either. I said how many do you need? He said iphone had 750k or 10x more. What a tool. Good think I surf (or troll for a while) on WPCentral cause the average person won't even think about WP with that guy.

People like that should be reported and fired imho... The customer should be allowed to build it's own usage profile and wishlist for a phone and not get something showed down their throat as soon as they walk in...

anon(5335877)

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
People like that should be reported and fired imho... The customer should be allowed to build it's own usage profile and wishlist for a phone and not get something showed down their throat as soon as they walk in...

Unfortunately I'll doubt that'll happen as long as they're selling enough smartphones + two-year contracts.

bilzkh

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
Not exactly related to sales, but I was having an account issue after switching over to Rogers' micro-SIM. The account-rep asked what phone I use, and I told him "Lumia 710" and he said, "that's an excellent phone." I'm probably dead wrong, but could it be that the Nokia brand is having an effect on people's perceptions of WP?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs