Rogers Nokia Lumia 710 working on Wind

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=II_u14mjT28[/YT]

Just sharing incase it's of any interest folks. :)

Oh and apparently Wind is a small Canadian carrier.

The phone isn't actually running on wind, well it is, but not the wind.:straight:

You know what I mean! :lol:

Last edited:

trickym81

Jan 30, 2012
Visit site
Excellent. I ordered one yesterday off of the Rogers website. When it gets here I'll use it on Fido and report back. Hopefully all will be fine.

trickym81

Jan 30, 2012
Visit site
Yes, please do. Specifically, does Caller ID work from all sources, and does MMS messaging work?

I received my phone today. The Fido SIM doesn't work in the Rogers phone so I'll need to get it unlocked. Now I just have to find a reputable place to do so.

gwydionjhr

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
I received my phone today. The Fido SIM doesn't work in the Rogers phone so I'll need to get it unlocked. Now I just have to find a reputable place to do so.
It's only 30$ to have it done by Rogers. While you could probably get it done for $10 or $20 online, you're giving Rogers an "out" if something goes wrong.

trickym81

Jan 30, 2012
Visit site
I ordered an unlock code from cellunlocker.net.
Now more waiting...

EDIT: Unlock code received and it works. Caller ID may not work though.

Last edited:

gwydionjhr

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
Get some friends to call you. Anyone calling me from a Telus phone shows up as "unknown" on my current WM6.5 device. My MMS doesn't work either. Personally I think it's company policy to do these kinds of things to customers with unlocked phones, which is why I'm curious what your experience turns out to be. As far as I'm concerned Rogers and Fido are two sides of the same coin, so everything should work 100%

trickym81

Jan 30, 2012
Visit site
My wife called me from a Rogers phone and it came back as "UNKNOWN."
I've heard that calling Fido and asking for "number only" caller ID instead of "name and number" fixes it. I'll try that tomorrow.

trickym81

Jan 30, 2012
Visit site
I have to say that I love this phone so far and it's certainly impressing people.
My wife already told me that she wants one now and I showed it to someone yesterday who said "Ooooh!" when he saw the metro design and liked how "everything you need is right there."

bilzkh

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
My wife called me from a Rogers phone and it came back as "UNKNOWN."
I've heard that calling Fido and asking for "number only" caller ID instead of "name and number" fixes it. I'll try that tomorrow.
I had a problem with my no-contract Lumia 710 on Rogers where people from Telus/Bell would come up as "UNKNOWN" on my phone. I looked the issue up, and it turns out, this isn't new between Rogers and WP devices.

What I did to solve this issue was basically...call Rogers, tell them to remove my combined value pack (has caller ID, name display, voicemail, etc), and then replace it with *just* caller ID, voicemail, etc, but *no* name display. Issue resolved.

gwydionjhr

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
I had a problem with my no-contract Lumia 710 on Rogers where people from Telus/Bell would come up as "UNKNOWN" on my phone. I looked the issue up, and it turns out, this isn't new between Rogers and WP devices.

What I did to solve this issue was basically...call Rogers, tell them to remove my combined value pack (has caller ID, name display, voicemail, etc), and then replace it with *just* caller ID, voicemail, etc, but *no* name display. Issue resolved.
Are you MMS messages functioning?

trickym81

Jan 30, 2012
Visit site
Thanks Bilzkh! Now we just need to hear from TrickyM about whether or not MMS is working on Fido!

I haven't tried it yet, but I'll let you know soon.

As a side note, I dropped my Lumia 710 from my night table onto a hardwood floor this morning when turning off my alarm. There was a moment of intense panic. The phone, however, is fine. Nokia still knows how to make 'em!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3