Lumia 710 or Omniaw/Focus Flash

Jafeerh

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
Guys I am from India, want to buy any of those phones I have mentioned i the title. Omnia coasts 2K more than Lumia 710 and which one do you want me to pick?

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
welcome.gif

Hi Jafeerh, I think both phones are very similar in specifications apart from the Lumia 710 not having a front facing camera, so if that's important to you, that would certainly help you decide.

Both have a 5MP camera and 8GB storage as far as I remember.

The Lumia 710 is getting good reviews, so if the front facing camera isn't important to you, I think this would be a good choice to save you some money over the Omnia.

It also possible to change the colour of the back too with the 710 as I'm sure you know.

Oh and welcome along to WPCentral too Jafeerh. :)

Omnia W Review

http://www.phonearena.com/reviews/Samsung-Omnia-W-Review_id2918

Lumia 710 Review

http://www.pocket-lint.com/review/5718/nokia-lumia-710-windows-phone-7-review

There's a couple of reviews that may help you decide too.

Last edited:

bilzkh

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
I own a Nokia Lumia 710, it was a very tough choice between Lumia 710 and Focus Flash. Both phones I think are very good, you really can't go wrong with either, but it should all boil down to your specific interests/needs:

What I like about Focus Flash: It has the Super AMOLED display & front-facing camera, these are selling features IMO.

What I like about Nokia Lumia 710: It comes preloaded with Nokia Drive and it's cheaper than Focus Flash, but despite the price, the form factor and build quality is very good.

You really need to weigh whether you can live without one of each phone's selling features.

If you want everything, then you can buy Lumia 710 as a stopgap until the Lumia 900 releases :p

speedtouch

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
I own a Lumia 710 as well---err, well my wife does. I think the build quality is just fine. I like that it contains all the Nokia apps preloaded. I think it's a fine phone.

toyotast165

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
go with the focus flash. Have 2 on my account, killer phone for the price, the metal back is a little slippery, but I like the buttons better, plus having access to tango till Skype comes out really helps.

murrayalex

Jun 26, 2002
Visit site
have both phones, 710 and Omnia W. The Nokia handles whites better, white on the Omnia is a bit off, slightly blueish and cold. Conversely, the Omnia handles black considerably better and overall the screen looks sharper and brighter, just nicer.
The Omnia has very annoying volume buttons on the left hand side that I constantly press when holding it and this necessitates constant tinkering with the volume levels. Annoying. Likewise, the search button on the Omnia gets in the way when taking landscape pictures.
The Nokia, with its physical front buttons does not have this problem and the volume buttons are on the right side which is better for right handed people like myself. I think the camera on the 710 is quite decent, despite reading elsewhere that it is not. It takes far better flash shots than the Omnia W although in non-flash sitautions there is little difference in quality.
If I could swop the Lumia 710 screen for the Omnia W screen that would be great. I just about prefer the 710 as it is grippier to hold, I find the Samsung needs to be gripped in both hands for fear of dropping it, it' is a slippy little critter. Battery life is about the same for both.
Hope this helps

bilzkh

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
If Lumia 710 had a Super AMOLED display and front-facing camera, and still maintain the $254.99 price point, it'd be a beast of a little phone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3