Anyone frustrated with the lack of an update....

jrdatrackstar1223

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
I'm finding that Nokia seems to be pushing updates for the 800 and is supporting that phone more than they seem to be the 710. The phone has been out since February and there hasn't been a single update to address the various bugs people are having (let alone the 8107 update), while the 800 has had multiple updates released.

Anyone else feel like they simply pushed this as a cheap budget phone and that they don't plan to support it much? I sold my Radar and used that money to buy this 710 because of the better screen and secondary microphone, but the battery life is terrible and there is no internet sharing (which I was told would both be addressed in an update).

I know T-Mobile is to blame as well, but I thought that they would at least support the phone with all the advertising they've been doing for the phone....

welsbloke

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
The 710 is relatively new compared to the 800 which was Nokia's first offering and possible slightly more flawed. I suspect they had more to do with the 800 and the team working on the 710 made less gaffs. The updates will come especially the battery issue and tethering which seems to be an issue with all the Nokia phones to date.

jrdatrackstar1223

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
The 710 is relatively new compared to the 800 which was Nokia's first offering and possible slightly more flawed. I suspect they had more to do with the 800 and the team working on the 710 made less gaffs. The updates will come especially the battery issue and tethering which seems to be an issue with all the Nokia phones to date.

Sure hope you're right....

I'm trying to keep these things in mind, but it's so hard to be patient....

mmaestro

Feb 16, 2012
Visit site
I have to say, I've had the keyboard bug literally dozens of times, enough that it's really a big problem for me, as well as one instance of dropping data that was only fixed by a battery pull, and an instance where the phone stopped charging, again only fixed by a battery pull. The phone desperately needs an update. It's good, but the bugs are frankly enough that I'm considering returning it.
Does anyone know if there's a good way to complain to T-Mobile about the lack of an update?

jrdatrackstar1223

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
I have to say, I've had the keyboard bug literally dozens of times, enough that it's really a big problem for me, as well as one instance of dropping data that was only fixed by a battery pull, and an instance where the phone stopped charging, again only fixed by a battery pull. The phone desperately needs an update. It's good, but the bugs are frankly enough that I'm considering returning it.
Does anyone know if there's a good way to complain to T-Mobile about the lack of an update?

I've gone onto the message boards over at T-Mobile Discussions. Just Google "Lumia 710 T-Mobile Support" and go to the Discussions message board. They will only give generic answers and it won't really help, but at least they hear from some customers...

ljkelley

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
I imagine they will wait till Tango in April. Annoying as that is.

Really would like the sound updates that apparently fixed the bass issue in the Lumia 800. Battery doesn't concern me, not that I will complain with longer life.

welsbloke

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
Yes 8107 will fix the keyboard issue but you will need the firmware updates for the battery. I have an 800 and even though 8107 has been out for some time now my carrier has failed to deliver it. At least the firmware updates normally arrive bypassing the carriers thank god or we would never see them.

squire777

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
After hearing about the potential battery upgrade for the 800 I would love to have something similar for the 710. Some tweaks to the camera would be nice too.

ljkelley

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
The 8107 update for the Lumia 710 is done according to Nokia and will be pushed out in the next 6 weeks pending various carrier approvals. For T-Mobile USA you should note that they have already pushed out 8107 for the Radar 4G, so I don't forsee any problems.

Official change log confirm new Nokia Lumia firmware fix 800 battery life, 710 “end call” bug | WMPoweruser

I would have linked to the WPCentral article, but this one states that Nokia reached out to them and told them pushing out in the next 6 weeks.

locokip

Feb 20, 2012
Visit site
Phone is almost useless without 8107 update!

So, my HD7 is great for 6 months out of the year, but as soon as Daylight Savings Time kicks in, my phone is reverts to paperweight status again. Unfortunatelly, on top of that, all the folks I talked into buying a WP over that last 6 months (including my wife) are going to kill me tomorrow when their alarms, and anything connected to Outlook quit working.

I know the 8107 specifically fixed the Arizona time zone problem, but since T-mobile will not get off their kiester and let the update go to the phones, I'm left having to complain to them again!

If anyone knows a trick around to get the update, let me know. And no, turning off the "Automatic TIme Setting" does not fix the problem. Very frustrating to say the least.

Sleeping in Arizona (because my alarm didn't go off when it was supposed to):mad:,

LocoKip

jrdatrackstar1223

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
Soo...the Trophy got its 8107 update (from VERIZON at that....who HATES Windows Phones). Come on T-Mobile....just push the dang thing for the Lumia 710. You would think they would push it after they actually supported it by putting it in commercials and advertising it in their stores....

theworldisavampire

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
I left the Trophy on VZW a few months ago for the 710 on T-Mo, which is now lagging behind the rest of T-Mo's offerings in the WP7 updates department. The hold up has to reside with T-Mo US, as the update has been going around Asia and Europe for a few weeks now, even on other T-Mo entities. I'm close to flashing the thing myself, but I was really hoping it wouldn't have to come to that. Move it along T-Mo...

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
This is one of the reasons I left Android. I was sick and tired of updates seeming so random and way to far and inbetween. Now, the first time I but a WP7 based phone, I'm once again waiting and wondering if I am ever going to get an update.....answer the OP, I am frustrated!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb