How to block internet access?

felix1072

Mar 15, 2012
Visit site
Hi, I just bought a Nokia Lumia 710 and i am still finding my way around. The phone seems to access network and cost me for every action. Is there any way i can block the phone from accessing internet? Can i install apps if i do this? and how can i switch between silent and normal mode in this phone? Thanks in advance...

mmaestro

Feb 16, 2012
Visit site
Under "Settings," go to "Cellular," and there should be an option to turn the data connection off. If you do that, you'll still get data over wifi but not through the cellular network. Be aware that Windows Phone seems to be pretty aggressive about turning off wifi when the screen is off, so you may find you don't get notifications even if you're near wifi because the only way the phone could get notifications is through the cellular network.

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
To switch between silent and normal just tap the volume up button and tap the bell when it has a line through it it will be in silent mode. Just be aware the alarm will still be addable. I use it for at night when I am sleeping calls, texts and emails don't wake me up but I still get the alarm to go off in the morning.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon