Questions before getting the lumia 710

akk60

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site
well I'm ready to change my BB with a lumia 710 , but I have some questions :
1. Can you Install arabic language for typing on WP7 , note it's just for typing >
2. Will this be upgradeable to WP8 when it comes out ?
3. Can you recive E-Mails over wifi ? Because on BB you have to be regestered with BES/BIS to be able to recieve email ,and I think that's stupid!

Dormage

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site
I don't think the arabic keyboard woun't be supported till WP8. (maybe tango)
There are homebrew apps you can install that change the keyboard layout to Arabic.

As far as the WP8 goes there were no anouncments. So nobody can say for surten but speculations say current WP7 devicec will get WP8. If not all features then at least most of them.(some are hardware related and woun't be supported)

Offcourse you can sync emails while on WIFI. It's a smart phone :)

d-laybook

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
I switched from bb to the lumi 710 about 2 months ago now and there has been no looking back for me. I love this phone and the os as well.

I dont know about the arabic keyboard but I will say that I have found the email to actually be better on windows phone than I did on bb. I was on a bis account with my bb and I couldnt access folders on my bb or put emails into folders. With my windows phone I have complete control of my email on wifi or on my network.

The previous poster's response about windows 8 is the answer that I have heard the most often.

Hope that helps.

freestaterocker

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
There is an Arabic keyboard app in the marketplace for free called "Arabic Keyboard Mango". I don't know Arabic so I don't know if it's any good, but it is made by Yalla, and they are a well-established developer with a great reputation.

MattLFC

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site
Good for you! The Lumia 710 is an excellent phone.
Ditto; it does have some shortcomings (mainly WP-related and in comparison to other phones, I think my initial assessment of the speaker being so low was biased, because my TP2 has such high volume, whereas comparing it with other phones out atm, it seems pretty normal), but overall, it is an excellent phone, and everyone who has used mine, absolutely loves it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb