Should I buy this phone?

deninger201

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
I saw this phone in the store and my eyes just boggled. It was turned on so I had a quick 10 second play and I fell in love with the os right away.

My current phone which is the cheapest android lags like **** and won't send texts.

This will be the most expensive phone I have ever bought so i need to know a couple of things before i go and get it.

1 Does it lag? like when you are sending a text, or receiving an important phone call, or throughout the os at all.

2 Will the battery last for at least 8 hours a day?

3 Is the screen responsive?

4 Are there any wifi or 3g connectivity issues?

5 Is there anything else i should know before I buy the phone?

And that's it. i don't care about the camera (who takes photos with their phone camera anyway (unless its a spur of the moment, oh **** i need to take a photo but I don't have my camera) lol)

Thank you for your time, I have been reading through the Lumia 710 posts and you guys seem awesome and id love to join the community

mmaestro

Feb 16, 2012
Visit site
I saw this phone in the store and my eyes just boggled. It was turned on so I had a quick 10 second play and I fell in love with the os right away.

My current phone which is the cheapest android lags like **** and won't send texts.

This will be the most expensive phone I have ever bought so i need to know a couple of things before i go and get it.

1 Does it lag? like when you are sending a text, or receiving an important phone call, or throughout the os at all.

And that's it. i don't care about the camera (who takes photos with their phone camera anyway (unless its a spur of the moment, oh **** i need to take a photo but I don't have my camera) lol)

Thank you for your time, I have been reading through the Lumia 710 posts and you guys seem awesome and id love to join the community
1) No lag in my experience.
2) Unless you play a lot of games.
3) Yes.
4) None for me.
5) Take a look through the marketplace (you can search it online) to make sure there's nothing missing that you need to get through the day. For 90% of folks, I think the app support is adequate, but if you need anything particularly specialized, you may find it missing.

MattLFC

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site
Agreed! lol.

No. My friend, who is an Android ****** (to be fair, what he uses his phone, Android is best), is still nothing short of gobsmacked and massively wowed by my 710. He simply cannot get over the speed of the OS, the zero lag, even when multi-tasking. He owns a Galaxy SII, so he has a top-end dual-core Android phone, and maintains my 710 is far smoother and more responsive. It's just a shame WP won't do everything he needs in a phone (by that I mean, he is a geek, and has allsorts of stuff running on there that 99.99% of users probably wouldn't know existed lol [wifi cracking software etc]).

Everyone else who has seen my 710 cannot get over how fast everything is, apps load almost instant all the time etc...

That depends on how intensively you use it, and what you use it for. Generally, the phone will last upto 24 hours with moderate use, even with high use, I'm getting in excess of 8 hours.

Very. No difference between my 710 and any iPhone I've used, which are generally the benchmark.

The only thing I would say, is when the phone loses signal, it can take upto 20 seconds to regain signal. I have found this whilst being in certain seats at home (literally, the same 1m radius every time), because my network operator uses 1800Mhz and the signals don't travel through walls too well, so sometimes it drops. Never noticed it anywhere else at all as yet, so it must be signal-related. I don't think it's a fault as such, it just takes longer to get the signal again than my TP2 would.

I'm not saying it's perfect, because everyone has different needs from a handset, but it isn't far from it, and it truly is an absolute dream to use!

You won't regret it, trust me, and everyone will be envious/wowed by it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bradhism