Latitude attitude

Dell Latitude 7280 is a business laptop with tons of consumer attitude

4K all the way

You probably don't NEED a 4K webcam, but we love Logitech's BRIO 4K anyway

Long live Windows phone

Contrary to popular belief, Windows phone won't die anytime soon

XP-YESSSSSSS

Dell's already awesome XPS 15 gets even better in 2017

Surface Pwn 5

Surface Pro 5, Project NEON details leaked on LinkedIn?

Redefining the PC

Why Microsoft's Surface phone could be MUCH more than a mere 'phone'

Surface table meets Windows 10

Yes, we did put Windows 10 on the original Surface table ... and it rocks

Cream o' the crop

Before buying a Microsoft laptop, check out our pick for the absolute best

Simple and secure, just the way I like it

We think Windows 10 Cloud is a great idea, here's why

uber micro

Halo Wars 2 has something for everyone. Here's our full review.

Oldie but goldie

We reviewed Microsoft's decade-old Surface table

Creators Update comin' at ya

These are the coolest new features in the next big Xbox One update (video)

Buyer's guide

The Razer Blade 14 is the best laptop Razer has to offer

Windows 10 app gems

10 terrific Windows 10 apps you should be using

Tower of power

Here's what we think of Dell's XPS Tower Special Edition

Quite a deal

Grab the complete C# coding bootcamp for $41!

Your go-to laptop guide

Introducing our ultimate laptop buyer's guide

Listen here

Attn Android and iPhone users: What you need to know about Windows phone

Old is new?

The original Surface Pro still holds its own in the 2-in-1 world

Xbox Greenlight?

No, internet, Microsoft isn't opening Xbox to all UWP games

< >
Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 15 of 15
Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By vp710
  • 1 Post By vp710
  • 2 Post By LordGreylock
  • 1 Post By LordGreylock
  • 2 Post By LordGreylock
  1. vp710's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    438 Posts
    Global Posts
    457 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
       #1  
    Hi everyone,

    I'm new to the forum but I've been lurking for a few months now. I'd like to know if anyone's had some experience with Nokia's repair center in the US.

    After talking to Nokia Care vie chat and email and trying their suggested fixes without result, I've decided to send my Lumia 710 for repair / replacement (whatever they decide) and it's on its way to Nokia's Texas Repair Center.

    The issues I'm having aren't a deal breaker but they are annoying, and I'd rather have them replace or repair my phone before the warranty ends. Here's a list of the various problems I'm having:

    1. slow wifi reconnecting on exit from lock screen. Sometimes wifi totally fails to reconnect and I have to launch it from settings.

    2. static noise in headphones output when the phone is working (opening apps, retrieving data, etc.)

    3. the volume button is really jumpy, meaning it's not incremental in a smooth way.

    4. the back cover of my Lumia has started to get loose as well.

    Anyways, I'm hoping I made the right decision and I won't have to report a customer service horror story. I'll keep everyone updated.

    In the meantime, if anyone's had any experience sending their device back to Nokia, please let us know!

    Thanks.
    Last edited by vp710; 06-03-2012 at 05:31 AM.
  2. vp710's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    438 Posts
    Global Posts
    457 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
       #2  
    Just received my phone back from Nokia Care: it's a brand new unit!! Considering they swapped a phone I got used on eBay , I think that's a pretty good deal!! The turnaround was INCREDIBLY fast. They received the phone on the 7th and got it back today.

    I haven't had the time to test if all my problems were solved but I'll update this post later. They didn't replace the back cover I had sent them so it's still a little loose. I might have to get me a new one.
    Last edited by vp710; 06-11-2012 at 02:27 PM. Reason: I'm stupid. LOL
  3. speedtouch's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1,043 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,150 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #3  
    They got your phone on 14 May? And you got it back today, 11 June?

    You sent them a Lumia 710 you bought from eBay? Not bad. You said Nokia sent you a new unit, but didn't replace the back cover? How's that possible?

    I hope the new unit works well for you. I'm glad the experience has been good so far.
  4. genuine555's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    379 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #4  
    Still, it took allmost 4 weeks. I wouldn't call it incredibly fast dude. It's not to be called slow compared to some others, but it ain't "incredibly" fast at all. Just call it what it is.

    But I can understand you are happy with the outcome. I'd be too.
  5. vp710's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    438 Posts
    Global Posts
    457 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
       #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by speedtouch View Post
    They got your phone on 14 May? And you got it back today, 11 June?

    You sent them a Lumia 710 you bought from eBay? Not bad. You said Nokia sent you a new unit, but didn't replace the back cover? How's that possible?

    I hope the new unit works well for you. I'm glad the experience has been good so far.
    Quote Originally Posted by genuine555 View Post
    Still, it took allmost 4 weeks. I wouldn't call it incredibly fast dude. It's not to be called slow compared to some others, but it ain't "incredibly" fast at all. Just call it what it is.

    But I can understand you are happy with the outcome. I'd be too.
    Sorry, I was looking at the wrong day on my calendar. :blush: They got it on 06/07 and I received it today. I've updated my last post accordingly (and changed some confusing wording)

    Yeah, I sent the one I got on eBay, without battery or SIM card (they tell you to keep these). They also instruct you to keep your battery cover, but mine was loose so I included it in the package anyways with an explanation why, but they sent it back to me. As they instruct you to keep the cover when you send the phone to Nokia Care, I'm thinking it's possible they only stock new units without any back cover. And considering they honored the phone's warranty even though I was the second owner, I think it would be a bit too much to complain about it, wouldn't it? Maybe I should...

    I should have my phone setup again by the end of the day, then I'll be able to test if the new unit performs better.
    Last edited by vp710; 06-11-2012 at 02:30 PM.
  6. speedtouch's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1,043 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,150 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by vp710 View Post
    Sorry, I was looking at the wrong day on my calendar. :blush: They got it on 06/07 and I received it today. I've updated my last post accordingly (and changed some confusing wording)

    Yeah, I sent the one I got on eBay, without battery or SIM card (they tell you to keep these). They also instruct you to keep your battery cover, but mine was loose so I included it in the package anyways with an explanation why, but they sent it back to me. As they instruct you to keep the cover when you send the phone to Nokia Care, I'm thinking it's possible they only stock new units without any back cover. And considering they honored the phone's warranty even though I was the second owner, I think it would be a bit too much to complain about it, wouldn't it? Maybe I should...

    I should have my phone setup again by the end of the day, then I'll be able to test if the new unit performs better.
    Ah! Well, if they got it on 7 June and you got it back on 11 June, that is *insanely* fast. Good job, Nokia! And, best of all, it's a new phone (minus the battery and back cover). Pretty good deal, if you ask me. As far as the back cover goes, I suspect you could get one from eBay for just a few dollars.

    Good luck with it! Boy, that really was a fast turnaround.
  7. vp710's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    438 Posts
    Global Posts
    457 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
       #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by speedtouch View Post
    Ah! Well, if they got it on 7 June and you got it back on 11 June, that is *insanely* fast. Good job, Nokia! And, best of all, it's a new phone (minus the battery and back cover). Pretty good deal, if you ask me. As far as the back cover goes, I suspect you could get one from eBay for just a few dollars.

    Good luck with it! Boy, that really was a fast turnaround.
    The Repair Status website had not been updated yet this morning so seeing the UPS truck pull over in front of my house was a nice surprise!!

    If you think about it, they received it on a Thursday evening and I got it back today, so it's basically a 1 business day turnaround time at the repair center! I've never experienced anything like it.

    You're right about the back cover. I may even pick me up a cyan one.
    speedtouch likes this.
  8. vp710's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    438 Posts
    Global Posts
    457 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
       #8  
    Well, after a little testing it seems the static noise is completely gone. Wifi seems to connect faster and in a more reliable manner. These were the 2 main issues for me so I can say I'm happy I sent my 710 to Nokia Care! Considering my experience with customer service, by mail & chat, the fact that they honored the phone's warranty even as a second owner, and the ridiculous turnaround time, this experience has been exceptional! One more reason to buy a Nokia
    speedtouch likes this.
  9. LordGreylock's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    152 Posts
    Global Posts
    197 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #9  
    Glad to see your repair was quick. I had to sent my Lumia 900 to them which they got on 6/11 so hopefully my replacement will be here soon. It's driving me crazy being without the phone.
  10. vp710's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    438 Posts
    Global Posts
    457 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
       #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterMhz View Post
    Glad to see your repair was quick. I had to sent my Lumia 900 to them which they got on 6/11 so hopefully my replacement will be here soon. It's driving me crazy being without the phone.
    I was reading a post on Nokia's website's help section and apparently, they ship replacement or repaired phone only once a week. It was a few years old post but that may still be true.

    And I agree, once you get used to having a phone with you all the time, it's really hard to do without. Hopefully you'll get it back soon.
  11. LordGreylock's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    152 Posts
    Global Posts
    197 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #11  
    I contacted Nokia via chat and they are supposed to be calling me back, because they said it has been 4 days past their turnaround time.
  12. LordGreylock's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    152 Posts
    Global Posts
    197 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #12  
    Just to keep this up to date, I got a call from Nokia today and they said they have no Black Lumia 900's to send me to replace mine, and that I could choose a white or Cyan model which they will ship today/tomorrow, or I could be waiting weeks for a black one cuz they don't have an ETA.

    I think this is pretty ridiculous that Nokia doesn't have any black L900's to send out for replacements.

    I ended up choosing a Cyan model, which is fine. I would have preferred black but I really need my primary phone back.
    vp710 and speedtouch like this.
  13. speedtouch's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1,043 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,150 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #13  
    I'm glad you got it all squared away, MisterMhz.
  14. LordGreylock's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    152 Posts
    Global Posts
    197 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #14  
    Nokia called me and said I should have my new Lumia by tomorrow, which is great. I am a little disappointed in how they handled it at first, but it will be nice to have my windows phone back!
    speedtouch likes this.
  15. LordGreylock's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    152 Posts
    Global Posts
    197 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #15  
    Got my new Lumia 900 this morning! One thing I noticed is that notorious camera rattle I had before does not exist on this model which makes me extra happy!
    speedtouch and vp710 like this.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

";