Tango Update For T-Mobile Lumia 710 Now Available

speedtouch

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
Maybe for some T-Mo USA subscribers, but not me. I am wearing out the Update link in the settings of Zune. Hehe. Come to papa!!

London Jr

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
ha ok as per xda:

1. Start Zune
2. Turn off Data connection and Wifi on the Phone
3. Connect the Phone with the PC (USB)
4. Start the update search in Zune
5. About 3 seconds later, disconnect your PC from the internet (Turn WLAN off).
6. Zune finds NoDo-Update. Press OK.
7. Connect to the internet again and install the update.
retry til it works, and it seems u have to do this with each individual update available, with 4 total

speedtouch

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
Thanks, brother! That did the trick. I am now updating to Tango. Woohoo! I had to repeat those instructions about 5 times before it finally said an update was available.

London Jr

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
yea it works right away sometimes and the others it takes a sec

its gonna do 8072, then 8112, then 8773, and then a nokia update

CaFe88

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
yea this worked for me too after a few tries thanks alot i didnt even notice how many updates i didnt do before. :cool:

speedtouch

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
yea this worked for me too after a few tries thanks alot i didnt even notice how many updates i didnt do before. :cool:

Yes, the update from 7740 to 8773 is quite lengthy. You had a lot of updates today because all the updates were released today. They were released in one big batch. Don't worry, you didn't miss out on any updates from the time you got your Lumia 710 to now. Because there weren't any.

speedtouch

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
Make sure you let Zune complete an update check in full, so that it tells you that there's no update available. Then perform the update/disconnect Internet actions. And keep doing that until the update triggers. It will work.

jsl101669

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
Trick worked great for me

Those of you it did not work for. Try pulling your network cable after two seconds. That is what I had to do.

And yes the 3rd update took a very long time.

:cool:

allemeuse

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
Lumia 710 update trick

Took a while to figure out when to unplug the internet cable, especially with the final (8773) update which worked only after I unplugged the cable in one second or so...In any event, thanks very much...so glad I don't have to wait until the end of July to get this sucker..

msmusicmaker

Feb 7, 2012
Visit site
I did steps 1-4 and let Zune completely search for the update and it said that my software was up to date. Then I did the internet disconnecting process and it is still not giving me an update. I am sure that I am probably doing something wrong here lol. I will keep trying though.

msmusicmaker

Feb 7, 2012
Visit site
I got it to work. I had to use an ethernet cord.

*UPDATE* So I got 8107 to install successfully. Now I can't get any of the others to install. Zune keeps saying my software is up-to-date. I will have to try this trick some more. The issue is trying to turn of the internet in time.

*UPDATE #2* Ok I got it now lol. Thanks you guys for the trick to get this thing working

Last edited:

genuine555

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site
Been trying this for allmost half an hour, and was about to give up on it, when suddenly...an update appeared! From then on, all is going smooth, allthough it is taking quite some time. still running the second one now. Thanks bro. I was afraid I'd have to wait yet another month or so.

Still cannot fathom why in the **** we have to pull tricks out of our sleeves to get an update that's supposed to be available normally. Doesn't seem quite right. But WP has so many flaws, why not add another one to the bunch :p

UPDATE: all good. 7.10.8773.98 is now in effect. Though I thought this was supposed to change the homescreen ? set it wider or something ? Or is that gonna be a next update ?

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium