Internet Sharing Issues

wptrial

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
Hello, fellow Lumia users
I am currently unable to share my internet connection with my Rogers unlocked Lumia on Wind's mobile network. It keep saying I am not connected to a 3g network. Anyone else have this problem or solution? I've done a wipe with no effect.

wptrial

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
Exact Message Reads:

Connection not shared
There's no cellular data connection to share right now. Check your cellular setting and signal, and try again

Last edited:

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
So, did MS enable tethering on every phone, regardless of carrier/data plan? Or do u still have to notify your carrier and pay a little extra per month?

speedtouch

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
Yes, it's a multi-band phone.

Hmm, then I really don't know. It just seems to me that your phone for some reason doesn't know that it really is connected to 3G/4G.

So, did MS enable tethering on every phone, regardless of carrier/data plan? Or do u still have to notify your carrier and pay a little extra per month?

I'm not sure. I'd suspect you must enable this through the carrier somehow to use it. I haven't tried it on my Lumia 710 on T-Mobile USA.

wptrial

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
Hmm, then I really don't know. It just seems to me that your phone for some reason doesn't know that it really is connected to 3G/4G.

I'm not sure. I'd suspect you must enable this through the carrier somehow to use it. I haven't tried it on my Lumia 710 on T-Mobile USA.
Yeah, I'll be trying to use my friend SIM card on mobilicity or another carrier. Will get back to you after that attempt.

StylesMTL

Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I'm having a similar issue....I updated to the latest firmware (7.10.8773.98), the tango update and was pleased to see the internet sharing feature available.

Unfortunately, whenever I try to turn on internet sharing I receive the following error message:

Connection Not Shared: There's no cellular data connection to share right now. Check your cellular settings and signal.

I'm using a Rogers unlocked Lumia 710 on Telus' network. I called Telus to verify if there's any restrictions placed and they said that I am entitled to internet sharing and all should be fine. My data is working fine (3G), apn settings seem fine (sp.telus.com) but yet I can't use this feature that I really need. I don't know what else to do

wptrial

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
I'm having a similar issue....I updated to the latest firmware (7.10.8773.98), the tango update and was pleased to see the internet sharing feature available.

Unfortunately, whenever I try to turn on internet sharing I receive the following error message:

Connection Not Shared: There's no cellular data connection to share right now. Check your cellular settings and signal.

I'm using a Rogers unlocked Lumia 710 on Telus' network. I called Telus to verify if there's any restrictions placed and they said that I am entitled to internet sharing and all should be fine. My data is working fine (3G), apn settings seem fine (sp.telus.com) but yet I can't use this feature that I really need. I don't know what else to do
Rogers must be blocking out data tethering or they made it so they are the only one's that provide the service for the phone. Which if is the case is anti-competitive behaviour. Will insert my friend's microsim from an iphone to make sure.

bilzkh

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
I'm using it on Rogers, just updated and while I can get other devices to connect to my phone, it won't get internet. I guess I'll have to switch to a tethering plan (seems Rogers is slowly making it standard for new phones) and try it out. Note I forced the update on my phone via the xda cab files.

etb#WN

Nov 30, 2011
Visit site
I have the exact same issue with my Lumia 710 purchased from Rogers, unlocked and running on Virgin Mobile. The flex data plan allows tethering but I get the same message when I try to turn on Internet Sharing:

Connection not shared
There's no cellular data connection to share right now. Check your cellular setting and signal, and try again

----
Should mention that I got tired waiting for the update to come so I forced the update using the Wifi hack/trick documented elsewhere (the best one I found was here: http://mynokialumialife.wordpress.com/2012/07/02/trick-cant-wait-get-the-tango-ahead-of-the-others/). Maybe I need to wait for my phone to make the official distribution list from the original carrier (Rogers)?

Last edited:

wptrial

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
I have the exact same issue with my Lumia 710 purchased from Rogers, unlocked and running on Virgin Mobile. The flex data plan allows tethering but I get the same message when I try to turn on Internet Sharing:

Connection not shared

----
Should mention that I got tired waiting for the update to come so I forced the update using the Wifi hack/trick documented elsewhere (the best one I found was here: (Trick) Can’t wait? Get the ‘Tango’ ahead of the others ? My Lumia Life). Maybe I need to wait for my phone to make the official distribution list from the original carrier (Rogers)?
Anyone know a way to force another rom in to bypass rogers. I believe the rogers rom doesn't let internet sharing except from roger itself.

Po_MD

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
Anyone know a way to force another rom in to bypass rogers. I believe the rogers rom doesn't let internet sharing except from roger itself.

http://www.symbiantweet.com/how-to-force-update-nokia-lumia-800-710-to-latest-software-tango

This may be worth your time.

xalasten

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
I am having the same issue with unlocked rogers on bell. But it seems to fix the issue we need the network tool from nokia because we don't have a way to change the apn settings. This also prevents Mms messages from working too. The tool however it was pulled from the market in North America. Hoping it will return soon. This post discusses the issue toohttp://forums.windowscentral.com/general-discussion/194744.htm.

Lamenade

May 18, 2012
Visit site
Anyone figure this out? I have a T-Mobile Lumia 710 unlocked on Telus. I flashed a Wind Rom onto it and internet sharing worked. However, I have since flashed back to the T-Mobile rom and it doesn't seem to work anymore. The Network Settings app isn't released in Canada yet either so I can try that fix..

wptrial

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
Anyone figure this out? I have a T-Mobile Lumia 710 unlocked on Telus. I flashed a Wind Rom onto it and internet sharing worked. However, I have since flashed back to the T-Mobile rom and it doesn't seem to work anymore. The Network Settings app isn't released in Canada yet either so I can try that fix..

I'm interested in installing a new rom. Where did you get the Wind Rom and how was the installation process?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6