Problem with the screen, weird dead spots lumia 710

Adil Iqbal1

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
Hi,

can anyone help me.

I have had a lumia 710 since march and it has been fine but recently i have started getting dead spots on the screen but only in certain situations

For example on the keyboard in portrait mode (qwerty keyboard language eng UK) i cannot press buttons B and H (one above the other). Instead of H it registers G or J and instead of B it registers V or N. BUT in landscape its fine and the buttons where the dead spot is (S, D, Z &X) all work fine. Also when scrolling there is no dead spot

Also in the browser for some reason it has started to register multiple touches whilst i am scrolling. This is annoying because it will either zoom in or hit a link anywhere on the webpage. This can happen wherever i put my thumb.

Things i have tried

Apps/games deletion
Screen protector removal
removing battery etc

The only thing i dont wanna do is reset the entire phone as i have a lot of things that i need right now

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

jc0187

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to the wonderful world of crappy phones. I'm speaking, of course, from this giant mound of crap phones. The lumia 710 is not the worst phone out there, but it is far from the best. I have that issue as well. Sometimes when I hit the b button, the space bar is hit instead. Sometimes when I hit the delete button, the enter button is hit. It makes for a frustrating text msg session. my wife has a lumia, purchased the same time as mine and she has ALLLLL the associated problems that this thing gives. Only she has much much more issues than I do. Her phone likes to turn off and on randomly throughout the day, the screen will glitch up and she has to reset it, lots of dropped calls, and even the most frustrating of the bugs, our phones won't let calls through. Nope!! Straight to voice mail YOU go! The only solution I can think of is to get an android and stay clear of this WP thing.

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
My brother having the same problem but with u, i, j and n with a line where it dead :crying:

I'm thinking about getting a replacement because it still under warranty :sweaty:

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
The screen been completely replace but still same problem :cry:

I think it a software issues rather then hardware :confuse:

So I will wait to see if 7.8 will solve the issues. :smile:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)