Nokia 710 battery charging issue

celticc

Jan 14, 2013
Visit site
Went to charge my 710 last week and nothing happened. Bought a new battery and that worked through a few charges. Last night it lost all charge and I tried to recharge but phone would not charge. This morning I read that if I connected through USB to computer that might help and it did. Was able to charge battery fully. Has anyone experienced this? Just wondering if I should do a hard reset and wipe the phone or is it a hardware problem with the charging mechanism?

jc0187

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
Sounds like a hardware problem. I have a smart phone charger at work. It used to charge my phone, but just recently stopped. I would plug it in and nothing. I would jiggle it around and it would start to charge, but as soon as I touched my phone, even slightly, it would stop charging. Kind of scary, because it will happen soon where I will no longer be able to charge it at home. Oh well, money well spent on this thing (sarcastically said). I wonder if I will eventually resort to doing what I did with an older Nokia phone. Just to charge it I would plug it in and hang my phone over the counter edge. For some reason this would help it charge.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Went to charge my 710 last week and nothing happened. Bought a new battery and that worked through a few charges. Last night it lost all charge and I tried to recharge but phone would not charge. This morning I read that if I connected through USB to computer that might help and it did. Was able to charge battery fully. Has anyone experienced this? Just wondering if I should do a hard reset and wipe the phone or is it a hardware problem with the charging mechanism?

Your USB charger seems to be faulty, get a new one. No need to reset the phone.

Kajix75

May 7, 2013
Visit site
My phone (710) responds slowly when I charge it. My iPad took less than a second to notice that it's charging. The lumia took more than 2 seconds. Is that normal ?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12