Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

Went to charge my 710 last week and nothing happened. Bought a new battery and that worked through a few charges. Last night it lost all charge and I tried to recharge but phone would not charge. This morning I read that if I connected through USB to computer that might help and it did. Was able to charge battery fully. Has anyone experienced this? Just wondering if I should do a hard reset and wipe the phone or is it a hardware problem with the charging mechanism?

Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    Sounds like a hardware problem. I have a smart phone charger at work. It used to charge my phone, but just recently stopped. I would plug it in and nothing. I would jiggle it around and it would start to charge, but as soon as I touched my phone, even slightly, it would stop charging. Kind of scary, because it will happen soon where I will no longer be able to charge it at home. Oh well, money well spent on this thing (sarcastically said). I wonder if I will eventually resort to doing what I did with an older Nokia phone. Just to charge it I would plug it in and hang my phone over the counter edge. For some reason this would help it charge.

Quote Originally Posted by celticc View Post
    Went to charge my 710 last week and nothing happened. Bought a new battery and that worked through a few charges. Last night it lost all charge and I tried to recharge but phone would not charge. This morning I read that if I connected through USB to computer that might help and it did. Was able to charge battery fully. Has anyone experienced this? Just wondering if I should do a hard reset and wipe the phone or is it a hardware problem with the charging mechanism?
    Your USB charger seems to be faulty, get a new one. No need to reset the phone.
    id like to know the price of nokia 610 Bp_3L

Global Posts
    699 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Honeylhyne Ortenero View Post
    id like to know the price of nokia 610 Bp_3L
    Off-topic comment, but sure I'll clarify for ya.

The BP3L battery is usually about $12 USD and can be ordered from many websites such as: NOKIA BP-3L BATTERY : Buy Original Battery For Nokia Lumia 610, RM-835, Asha 303, 603, Lumia 710, Sabre(BP-3L) - from IPmart.com

My phone (710) responds slowly when I charge it. My iPad took less than a second to notice that it's charging. The lumia took more than 2 seconds. Is that normal ?

Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    Hi,

Yeah Lumia 710 does take some time to recognize the charger..did the same on the official 7.8 ROM, changed to custom 7.8 its the same.. ;)