noob here, pls help a bit

Michael Camaras

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
i was wondering what OS i have at my phone so i went at settings of my 710 and i says i have 7.5 software... then i cable it at connected at Zune and it says software version 7.10 (8773)... and i say to my self wtf is happening here, so guys - girls u have the same issue with me? :unhappysweat: :straight:

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
i was wondering what OS i have at my phone so i went at settings of my 710 and i says i have 7.5 software... then i cable it at connected at Zune and it says software version 7.10 (8773)... and i say to my self wtf is happening here, so guys - girls u have the same issue with me? :unhappysweat: :straight:

Same for me I was confused about this I actually did the update from 7.10 to 7.5 with Zune after checking for updates to upgrade to 7.8 I notice it said 7.10 check for info on the device said 7.5 I think it something to do with Zune.

Not sure at all it may require further investigating it time to become detective BIGPADDY shaken not stirred :wink:

HNNNNNGHHH

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
Same for me I was confused about this I actually did the update from 7.10 to 7.5 with Zune after checking for updates to upgrade to 7.8 I notice it said 7.10 check for info on the device said 7.5 I think it something to do with Zune.

Not sure at all it may require further investigating it time to become detective BIGPADDY shaken not stirred :wink:

Yeah, Zune is pretty spotty when it comes to viewing device info and OS updates. I updated my Lumia 710 via Zune for the 8773/8779 tango update, but it says that 8107 was the latest version. More recently, my phone notified me of an update and I quickly plugged in the device to have Zune update it, but it then stated that my phone's OS version is up to date, even though I received a toast notification for the 7.8 update.

HNNNNNGHHH

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site

To put it simply, Zune is describing the official numbers describing the version of Windows Phone your device is currently running. For instance, the "about" app in settings tells you your Lumia 710 has the software Windows Phone 7.5, but the numbers 7.10.(8773) Zune tells you is the actual OS Version. (In my case, the numbers that represent WP7.8 is actually, "7.10.8862.144"). To see the numbers, click the "more info" button in settings>about.

Hope that clears up any questions. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)