Nokia Lumia 710 not charging

Alethanera

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
My Nokia Lumia 710 turned off because the battery died and wouldn't turn back on. I've tried charging it through the computer however nothing changes. I've also tried charging it with a plug (through the mains) and nothing has happened. It occasionally vibrates when I press the power button but that's all. Help! I need it to work ASAP :(

WorzelGummage

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
Sounds like your battery is stuffed. This can happen to Li-ion batteries if they are allowed to run flat. Your only options here are to plug it in to charge and leave it for an hour to see if it will charge back up again. If it doesn't, then you will need to purchase a new battery. A replacement BP-3L battery for the 710 can be bought for less than ?6 from Amazon UK. Prices may vary in your region though.

Battery Packs Nokia Original BP-3L Lumia 710 Li-Polymer 1300 mAh: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

Alethanera

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
Ugh, trust my phone to stop working the day before I go away! I'll have to find a Carphone Warehouse store whilst away to have it checked out and determine whether it's the port or the battery. I'm way too attached to my phone to have it dead for too long... thanks though guys :)

WorzelGummage

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
I am tired of my Lumia 710. To tell you the trouth I would like to instal another operating system. I would like to have android on my lumia 710, or Windows 8, but not windows 7.8. I have found some advice at Pimp your Phone | Android Apps, Ios Apps, Windows Apps, New Mobile Phones in India

Or you could just buy a new phone that already has WP8 or Android installed officially.
By the way, that link just takes you to a pretty poor site advertising mobile phones.

Jitendra Hatkar

Jul 15, 2014
Visit site
Finally got it solved !!!
I have nokia Lumia 710, my mobile battery drained out while using GPS.
And mobile was not turning on at all, tried with typical wall charger, laptop USB port, but no luck.
I googled but not found solution but an workaround to buy new battery.

mean while I purchased an Battery Pack, ( Yell BPS19 ), to avoid such problem.
I thought to try connecting it with Lumia phone. and a wonder ......
After a 2 mins, mobile vibrated, and next 2 mins empty battery sign apperaed on mobile.
in next few minutes mobile got self power on. :).

It is worth trying with other batter packs also.
I am happy about it and like to keep all Lumia 710 mobile users. hope it helps.

Regards,
Jitendra Hatkar

Last edited:

Drydust Yuddy

Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
guys i know it's time for a change but just wondering whether you all have experience on the battery draining too fast (>200mA) in the diagnostic tool? been using it for 2 years (new battery, hard reset, everything has been done but the discharge rate wont come down)

Drydust Yuddy

Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
Finally got it solved !!!
I have nokia Lumia 710, my mobile battery drained out while using GPS.
And mobile was not turning on at all, tried with typical wall charger, laptop USB port, but no luck.
I googled but not found solution but an workaround to buy new battery.

mean while I purchased an Battery Pack, ( Yell BPS19 ), to avoid such problem.
I thought to try connecting it with Lumia phone. and a wonder ......
After a 2 mins, mobile vibrated, and next 2 mins empty battery sign apperaed on mobile.
in next few minutes mobile got self power on. :).

It is worth trying with other batter packs also.
I am happy about it and like to keep all Lumia 710 mobile users. hope it helps.

Regards,
Jitendra Hatkar

you will be surprised after awhile when you try to charge the previous dead battery again, it will turn on :D

WorzelGummage

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
I also have the same problem too, just wondering whether you were able to fixed yours. Need help please.

You will probably need to buy a new battery if your current battery won't charge. These batteries will typically last for up to three years of general use so it's not surprising to read about some people with dead batteries for such an old phone model.

mjyumping

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
Lumia 710 was my previous phone, one thing i notice when i plug it on charger, sometimes you have to wait for awhile until you hear the charging sound. But if I has been already 1 hour since you plugged in and still not charging, it either be the Usb charger or the socket on the phone

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes