Don't count Windows Phone out just yet

Dead? Psh. Here are 5 reasons to stick with Windows 10 Mobile

Saving money on data

Mint SIM is the perfect way to get cheap data in the U.S.

VPN vs. Proxy

The difference between a proxy and a VPN

Latitude attitude

Dell Latitude 7280 is a business laptop with tons of consumer attitude

4K all the way

You probably don't NEED a 4K webcam, but we love Logitech's BRIO 4K anyway

Long live Windows phone

Contrary to popular belief, Windows phone won't die anytime soon

XP-YESSSSSSS

Dell's already awesome XPS 15 gets even better in 2017

Surface Pwn 5

Surface Pro 5, Project NEON details leaked on LinkedIn?

Redefining the PC

Why Microsoft's Surface phone could be MUCH more than a mere 'phone'

Surface table meets Windows 10

Yes, we did put Windows 10 on the original Surface table ... and it rocks

Cream o' the crop

Before buying a Microsoft laptop, check out our pick for the absolute best

Simple and secure, just the way I like it

We think Windows 10 Cloud is a great idea, here's why

uber micro

Halo Wars 2 has something for everyone. Here's our full review.

Oldie but goldie

We reviewed Microsoft's decade-old Surface table

Creators Update comin' at ya

These are the coolest new features in the next big Xbox One update (video)

Buyer's guide

The Razer Blade 14 is the best laptop Razer has to offer

Windows 10 app gems

10 terrific Windows 10 apps you should be using

Tower of power

Here's what we think of Dell's XPS Tower Special Edition

Quite a deal

Grab the complete C# coding bootcamp for $41!

Your go-to laptop guide

Introducing our ultimate laptop buyer's guide

< >
Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 42
Like Tree2Likes
  1. Stig's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    103 Posts
    Global Posts
    437 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
       #1  
    It have found my ideal phone.

    Its 'just right' - not too big like the 920. It has Gorilla glass unlike the 820. It has additional storage, swappable covers, wireless charging.

    Where do I sign?
    cedarlog, Cellus13 and tissotti like this.
  2. Jason De Castro's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    121 Posts
    Global Posts
    132 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #2  
    I want.. No I need this phone. I was going to get the 620 but seeing as this phone was announced I'm waiting for it. Hope it comes down under soon!
  3. maverick786us's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    956 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,071 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #3  
    How is it better than Lumia 820. Both fall into same price range. Both have the same screen size. Both use touch sensitive display. Lumia 820 has bigger camera sensors
  4. Jason De Castro's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    121 Posts
    Global Posts
    132 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #4  
    It isn't glossy. That's what I personally find better than the 820.
  5. Stig's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    103 Posts
    Global Posts
    437 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
       #5  
    Gorilla glass is the clincher for me.
  6. abhibh's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    50 Posts
    Global Posts
    112 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by maverick786us View Post
    How is it better than Lumia 820. Both fall into same price range. Both have the same screen size. Both use touch sensitive display. Lumia 820 has bigger camera sensors
    Same price range ?? No dude there is at least 150 USD difference in price between them. 820 has more megapixels but 720 has better 'f' and can take better low light photographs. I think Screen wise 820 has more ppi and 820 has more ram and better processor.

    Overall very impressive device considering i found 620 to be good. They should focus more on 4-4.3" devices not everyone needs those big 4.5-5" devices.
    jleebiker and maverick786us like this.
  7. alekalek's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    10 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #7  
    Before this announcement I was looking at used 820s or getting a new 620. I wasn't totally sold on the 620 because of the camera, and the 820 is cool, but expensive (only looking at unlocked phones) and I was disappointed that it didn't have great low-light photography. They've really done an amazing job with the 720. You have to admire their dedication to their products and the WP platform!
  8. maverick786us's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    956 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,071 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by abhibh View Post
    Same price range ?? No dude there is at least 150 USD difference in price between them. 820 has more megapixels but 720 has better 'f' and can take better low light photographs. I think Screen wise 820 has more ppi and 820 has more ram and better processor.

    Overall very impressive device considering i found 620 to be good. They should focus more on 4-4.3" devices not everyone needs those big 4.5-5" devices.
    They should have increased the resolution. Being a little brother of Lumia 920 480 X 800 resolution is bit dull for a 4.3 inch screen. It would have been really good if they would have used 1024 X 720 resolutoin for this device.
  9. tissotti's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1,105 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,107 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #9  
    The main divider with these phones is the SoC that includes CPU and most of all RAM. Lumia 520, 620 and 720 belong to the same family. Lumia 820 and Lumia 920 in a other hand belong to the same family.

    Though i have to say the Lumia 720 camera so far looks damn impressive and even beats Lumia 920 with that f/1.9 aperture. I doubt the phone will have any problems against Lumia 820 on camera.
    Especially here in Western Europe Lumia 720 will be on the second important ~300 euros (lumia 820 is around 400 euros) price point after flagship +500 euros phones. Nokia hasn't had proper phone there after it left Symbian.
    Quote Originally Posted by maverick786us View Post
    They should have increased the resolution. Being a little brother of Lumia 920 480 X 800 resolution is bit dull for a 4.3 inch screen. It would have been really good if they would have used 1024 X 720 resolutoin for this device.

    I agree that Lumia 820 should have had higher reso. Though i'm not sure if announcing 920 and 820 at the same time would have made sense then. Announcing Lumia 820 now with that higher resolution would have been interesting.
  10. maverick786us's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    956 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,071 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by tissotti View Post
    The main divider with these phones is the SoC that includes CPU and most of all RAM. Lumia 520, 620 and 720 belong to the same family. Lumia 820 and Lumia 920 in a other hand belong to the same family.

    Though i have to say the Lumia 720 camera so far looks damn impressive and even beats Lumia 920 with that f/1.9 aperture. I doubt the phone will have any problems against Lumia 820 on camera.
    Especially here in Western Europe Lumia 720 will be on the second important ~300 euros (lumia 820 is around 400 euros) price point after flagship +500 euros phones. Nokia hasn't had proper phone there after it left Symbian.

    I agree that Lumia 820 should have had higher reso. Though i'm not sure if announcing 920 and 820 at the same time would have made sense then. Announcing Lumia 820 now with that higher resolution would have been interesting.
    I was talking about 720. Both have same design and similar features in camera. So 720 looks like a Lumia 920 mini. So 480 X 800 on a 4.3 inch is dull when 3.5 inch has 640 X 960 resolution.
  11. slobydamn's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    11 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #11  
    This would have been my dream phone if it had amoled and hd screen. :)

    But as it is right now I have no problem keeping my Lumia 800 a little bit longer, still love it!
  12. Stig's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    103 Posts
    Global Posts
    437 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
       #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by slobydamn View Post
    But as it is right now I have no problem keeping my Lumia 800 a little bit longer, still love it!
    I've always liked the 800 too, in fact I'm still tempted to get one when I see some advertised at a good price. However, with its curved screen the 720 feels like the natural successor to the 800, and it's still my Favorite Lumia of the moment.
  13. omniusovermind's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    378 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,576 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #13  
    Hang on a sec... this phone has no LTE, right?
  14. Stig's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    103 Posts
    Global Posts
    437 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
       #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by omniusovermind View Post
    Hang on a sec... this phone has no LTE, right?
    Correct. I turn off HSDPA on my phone anyway to conserve battery, so a lack of LTE/4G doesn't bother me.
  15. omniusovermind's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    378 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,576 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by Stig View Post
    Correct. I turn off HSDPA on my phone anyway to conserve battery, so a lack of LTE/4G doesn't bother me.
    Getting kinda technical now but does this phone's radio support dual cell hspa?
  16. eddythomas700's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    8 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by slobydamn View Post
    This would have been my dream phone if it had amoled and hd screen. :)

    But as it is right now I have no problem keeping my Lumia 800 a little bit longer, still love it!
    yeah i am still using my upgraded lumia 800.:D
    I don't find anything interesting in wp8 that is making me switch.:/
  17. eddythomas700's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    8 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #17  
    720 is definitely awesome!!
    Ips display is fine.
    Though it doesn't provide deep blacks, it doesn't give oversaturated colours like amoleds.
    And don't forget the huge 2000 mah battery!!!!
  18. alekalek's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    10 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #18  
    It does have the ClearBlack display though...
  19. Midnight City's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    21 Posts
    Global Posts
    159 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by eddythomas700 View Post
    720 is definitely awesome!!
    Ips display is fine.
    Though it doesn't provide deep blacks, it doesn't give oversaturated colours like amoleds.
    And don't forget the huge 2000 mah battery!!!!
    The battery is one of the things i love about this phone <3
  20. woodbane's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    332 Posts
    Global Posts
    346 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by maverick786us View Post
    I was talking about 720. Both have same design and similar features in camera. So 720 looks like a Lumia 920 mini. So 480 X 800 on a 4.3 inch is dull when 3.5 inch has 640 X 960 resolution.

    I recently played around with an 820 in store and it was right next to a 920 & 8X. I personally thought the screen looked pretty darned good.

    The 720 is an all round sexier device than the 820. I actually had a Twitter conversation with Myriam Joire from Engadget yesterday about the 720, and in comparison to the 820 she said, and I quote "it blows the 820 away". This is from someone that's actually had a hands on and who I think is usually pretty spot on in her analysis of devices.
    Sent from my Windows 8 device using Board Express Pro
    jmajid likes this.
  21. alekalek's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    10 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #21  
    Nice tidbit. Thanks! Definitely makes me feel better about waiting for the 720.
  22. woodbane's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    332 Posts
    Global Posts
    346 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by alekalek View Post
    Nice tidbit. Thanks! Definitely makes me feel better about waiting for the 720.
    I have to say my only slight concern is around the 512MB RAM. I'm not sure if that will potentially be a hindrance in the long run. The only thing I can think of that might need the 1GB RAM is certain games? I don't think there are any apps around that need that much are there?

    I'm not one for really playing games on my phone anyway and most of the ones I do play are easy time wasters like geoDefense, Angry Birds, Solitaire - that kind of thing.

    Given the issues the 920 seems to have had and be having (dust problem anyone) I'm fairly certain I'll be plunking down for a nice glossy white 720.

    Only question is - living in the USA, where the heck am I going to be ale to get my hands on one?
  23. WPhoner's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    38 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #23  
    Since ROGERS™ has exclusivity on the Lumia 920 here in Canada, is there any talk of any other carrier picking up the 720 in its place?
    "..TELUS, I'm looking in your general direction"
  24. Plyschgrodan's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    5 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #24  
    Has anyone seen a firm release date for the 720 anywhere? Heard loose talk about April in some countries, but here in Sweden Nokia just have it listad as "coming soon". Would love to get my hands on one of these devices ASAP! :)
  25. Mirtas's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    50 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #25  
    According to the Nokia customer service it will be April in Asia and May in Europe, but Nokia does not give a date.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. State of the Philippine Nokia Lumias
    By Andi_N in forum Nokia Lumia 920
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-16-2013, 03:16 PM
  2. Today I saw the Yellow Nokia Lumia 920 in the store..
    By eak1570 in forum Nokia Lumia 920
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-14-2012, 08:47 PM
  3. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 05-03-2012, 11:03 PM
  4. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-23-2012, 09:16 PM

Posting Permissions

";