My Lumia 720 impressions

my_fake

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
The GS3 is being sold for 385? at a major electronics market in Germany called Media Markt, in a print advertisement it said 333? though :/

So a price of ~370? for the Lumia 720 would make absolutely no sense :)

alllies

Sep 5, 2012
Visit site
Yes..Nokia small patch updates are done as an app update through store. OP is from Italy and I'm from Philippines so it should be available also to your region. Mine don't have the storage check out of the box others do, first batch IHMO..

You need version 1.8.1.140, latest.
Do you mean just go to app store and download it? Does it work for other country (Australia)?
I thought Nokia lumia 720 comes with storage check out of the box.

ergattonero

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
Well, I was looking for some "real" impressions of the new Nokia Lumia 720, 'cause it's really my phone.

I'm happy that they come from a fellow italian boy :)

So, I think I'm going to buy my new 720 *now*.

Yellow is good, right? :)

ergattonero

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
Got it! :) So yellow-ish... Sadly I think that my extra+info is REALLY old, cause it's 1.1.36.19.

@AlexanderPD, you told in your review that on the second day you got some updates: which ones, in detail(ish)? 'cause I don't know if I have to be really nervous waiting for the updates ;)

alllies

Sep 5, 2012
Visit site
Refer to post number 84. I posted the direct link in there.
Got it! :) So yellow-ish... Sadly I think that my extra+info is REALLY old, cause it's 1.1.36.19.

@AlexanderPD, you told in your review that on the second day you got some updates: which ones, in detail(ish)? 'cause I don't know if I have to be really nervous waiting for the updates ;)

AlexanderPD

Feb 25, 2012
Visit site

you just need to wait for extra+info update OR download the new "Nokia Pusher" app: Check to see if you have up-to-date Nokia system apps with LUMIA pusher | Windows Phone Central
and manually update it :) gratz for your new phone :D

kunal24830

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
Hey, I wanna to buy new Smart phone under $320 (Rupees 18,000), till now i preferring for Lumia 720, but as u told about its RAM so now i m little bit confused.
Does it really require at least 1GB RAM for playing games like Temple Run, Temple Run Oz, Subway Suffers, etc????

paras chugh

Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
i'm gonna buy the lumia 720 shortly here in india also (its for 17,300 on saholic or ebay).....lumia 720 can run asphalt 7 which is twice graphic intensive than temple run....even wpcentral told that the dev. CAN make it work with an update if he wants....as for other games, i'm not gonna buy any for more than a dollar (have a psp) so modern combat 4 or spiderman don't bother me and by using a 512 mb ram device u will be utilising the most efficient feature of wp that is fluidity even in a mid-range phone which most android mid range (even some high end) don't deliver.
thats why nokia cut that cost and used it in camera and design.IMO its the most (forgot the word for paisa vasool in english) out there

anon5658834

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
Hello people. Today I bought a Nokia Lumia 720 black(only option) on trusted UK Ebay seller for brand new @ 180 pounds!!!!!!!!!! :cool: am so happy and excited by this phone. Anyway it will either come tomorrow or Monday. The guy on Ebay has not used it but opened the box to make sure it worked. It is still new unsused that's why price was 180 quid

Jakoh

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
Hard to say. Lumia 720 has wide angle front facing camera and GS3 doesn't.

Btw how much is GS3 in Germany? It's 465 euros here in Sweden, around 110 euros more expensive than Lumia 720.

How can the lumia 720 cost 355 Euros when i got it for $350 here in the US?
It should be 267 eruros. Thats almost 200 Euro cheaper than SGS3.

fondlemyballs

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
How can the lumia 720 cost 355 Euros when i got it for $350 here in the US?
It should be 267 eruros. Thats almost 200 Euro cheaper than SGS3.

We got dumbass prices in Europe.

Lumia 720 is $450, Galaxy S3 and Nexus 4 same price. Lumia 920 $550 and Galaxy S4 $840.

broar94

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Wow! If Lumia 720 is same price as SG3/ Nexus 4, i'd go for the Nexus 4. 2GB Android 4.2.2 SmartPhone with no TouchWiz Overlay/Manufacturer crap. Nexus are generally very smooth. Though the camera is not as good as SG3/Lumia 720.

donoester

Apr 4, 2013
Visit site
If it was a choice between the SGS3 and Nexus 4, trust me, you'd want the SGS3. The Nexus 4 is a huge mistake on so many points that I don't think that LG should have released it. The battery life is one of the worst between all Android based devices (of all time). If you're considering Android, i'd give the upcoming HTC One with a clean Android install a further look.
But it it was a choice between the SGS3 and 720 and you'd not have anything against WP8, you should go for the 720. The overall quality of the SGS3 is quite flimsy in comparison (and also a bit boring and repetitive, but everyone's taste is different).
Also maybe give the upcoming HTC One with a pure/vanilla Android installation a further look. It's already got quite a decent battery life with SenseUI, so it would probably also be quite decent without that.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo