Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hi guys,
    I am planning to get a microSD card for Nokia Lumia 72. I am interested with Samsung micro SD card 32GB, UHS-I class 10.
    From what I read it looks like a fast sd card. Just wondering is this compatible with Nokia Lumia 720?
    Or if any of you any suggestion which brand / type / class should I get for Lumia 720.
    Thank you
    Ambassador

Hey, I have a 32 Gig Samsung Class 10 Micro SDHC card am using with my Xperia T currently, will be getting the Lumia today evening and will be using the same card.
    I don't see any reason for any incompatibility, will update this thread once I get it ;)
    Ambassador

My 32 Gig Class 10 from samsung works flawlessly :).
    I hope it helped you, sorry for the delay my internet was down.
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by montsa007 View Post
    Thanks mate.
    Is there any lag or slow when you read the files (e.g photos, songs) from micro sd card?

Buy the extreme version.
    I don't have any kind of lag or delays as some people claimed before.
    Extreme version have higher write/read speeds.
    Worth what u'll pay extra.
    Current WP: Lumia 930
    Current WT: Microsoft Surface 2 w/ Touch Cover 2

History WP: Samsung Omnia W > Lumia 710 > Lumia 800 > Lumia 620 > Lumia 820 > Samsung ATIV S > Lumia 920 > Lumia 925 > Lumia 1020
    History WT: Asus Vivo TAB Smart > Toshiba Encore 8 > Microsoft Surface RT
    Ambassador

Quote Originally Posted by hirawan77 View Post
    Thanks mate.
    Is there any lag or slow when you read the files (e.g photos, songs) from micro sd card?
    No lags no slowness of any kind, remember mine is a Class 10 which makes a huge difference compared to lower classes.
    Also opt for branded cards, avoid buying from ebay as there are lot of flaky ones out there.
    Doesn't matter what brand you buy, has to be class 10 (higher read/write speed)

I can make a custom wallpaper for you for no cost :) just hit me up & check my wallpaper thread - here
    My Comic Book - Its about Iphone 5s and Innovation Click here

Global Posts
    5 Global Posts

I'm using a 32GB SanDisk Class 10 card...and the lag when browsing Xbox Music (especially clicking on an Artist or Album) is noticeable....as in 2 or 3 seconds after clicking. I've also tested a 64GB Kingston Class 10, and a 2GB Toshiba Class 4.

Is this the same for everyone, or are there better cards that take care of this? The lag is ridiculous.

Global Posts
    396 Global Posts
    There two types of class 10..SDHC and SDXC(extreme) the later has faster read/write speed. I have a 32G SDHC Class 10 from Patriot, I am also encountering a delay. When I go to songs/song list and click on a specific song there is a delay of 2 seconds before screen move to now playing screen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yipcanjo View Post
    Is this the same for everyone, or are there better cards that take care of this? The lag is ridiculous.

Guys !! I have purchased class 10 Sandisk 16gb sd card. Its not working in my Lumia 720.

Global Posts
    396 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rajesh MM View Post
    Guys !! I have purchased class 10 Sandisk 16gb sd card. Its not working in my Lumia 720.
    Did you inserted it correctly?..the device should detect it once inserted. Haven't you tested it before purchasing? Format must be FAT32

If you have 4000+ songs the list would take 2-3-4-5 sec. Time varies a bit.

Global Posts
    155 Global Posts
    Does anybody has a link... or brand recommendation?

For example... this is ok for Lumia 720?

Samsung Flash UHS 1 Class10 Pro Micro SD HC 16GB Memory Card for Galaxy S3 | eBay

Global Posts
    634 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan Piferrer View Post
    Does anybody has a link... or brand recommendation?

For example... this is ok for Lumia 720?

Samsung Flash UHS 1 Class10 Pro Micro SD HC 16GB Memory Card for Galaxy S3 | eBay
    The card you linked to would be fine. AFAIK as long as the card is SDHC, it will work. Most people recommend Class 4 or above.

Global Posts
    155 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by montsa007 View Post
    montsa007 Please tell me if this will work Samsung Flash UHS 1 Class10 Pro Micro SD HC 16GB Memory Card for Galaxy S3 | eBay

I just bought a Sandisk Ultra 32GB SDHC UHS-1 class 10 card, from my experience it's quite slow while browsing its contents from pc, either from Windows Explorer or from Windows Phone App in Windows 8. The app also lists duplicate files while actually there's only one file of each kind. The number of duplicates increased after I removed (both savely and while the phone is off) and reinserted the micro SD card. It also happens to my phone's Photos hub, it's now very messy.

Meanwhile, when I inserted the card to my laptop's reader, it reads and writes really faster, 30MB/s read 10MB/s write just like what they stated. So I assume it's the Lumia 720's card reader that is not fast enough. Ultra is great enough for general use, no need to go extreme.

btw, according to microSD Cards from SanDisk for Business and Consumer SDXC has the same speed, I think XC stands for Xtreme Capacity.

Quote Originally Posted by alllies View Post
    There two types of class 10..SDHC and SDXC(extreme) the later has faster read/write speed. I have a 32G SDHC Class 10 from Patriot, I am also encountering a delay. When I go to songs/song list and click on a specific song there is a delay of 2 seconds before screen move to now playing screen.

Global Posts
    634 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by maximus_465 View Post
    I just bought a Sandisk Ultra 32GB SDHC UHS-1 class 10 card, from my experience it's quite slow while browsing its contents from pc, either from Windows Explorer or from Windows Phone App in Windows 8. The app also lists duplicate files while actually there's only one file of each kind. The number of duplicates increased after I removed (both savely and while the phone is off) and reinserted the micro SD card. It also happens to my phone's Photos hub, it's now very messy.

Meanwhile, when I inserted the card to my laptop's reader, it reads and writes really faster, 30MB/s read 10MB/s write just like what they stated. So I assume it's the Lumia 720's card reader that is not fast enough. Ultra is great enough for general use, no need to go extreme.
    I can't comment on the speed issues, but the duplicate song and photo listings are well known WP8 issues and have nothing to do with the brand or class of the SD card. Search the forums for 'duplicate song' or 'duplicate photo' and you'll find a few threads discussing the issue.
    I'm planning to buy SanDisk 32GB Class 10 micro SD for my 720. Does it work well? Any issues?
    White Hot Lumia 720 On Board
    Quote Originally Posted by Valiant Lumia 720 View Post
    I'm planning to buy SanDisk 32GB Class 10 micro SD for my 720. Does it work well? Any issues?
    most any SD card that isn't sketchy should work fine.
    Thanked by:

The title should be about the Micro SD brand recommendation and not "compatibility" because any Micro SD card brand should work even the cheap one from china that you can buy for only $5 or less because I used such media for a couple of months and I don't get any lags or so.

Right now I am using SanDisk microSDHC Class 4

Just in 72hrs Lumia 720 is dead !!
    I plugged in the charger yesterday and its boom. There were atleast 5 people at Nokia care for similar or different issuses with Lumia 720.
    However they refused to replace the device after a lot of argument. Then I went to the shop from where I bought it as he promised me to replace it with in 5 days.
    Now, waiting for the new device. As it comes I am going to sell it to the shop owner or in OLx.
    I bought this phone with a lot of expections from NOKIA and TRUST for quality. I am DONE !! They don't deserve it.

Good bye MS and NOKIA

which MicroSD sud i buy???
    1.Samsung 32 GB MicroSD Pro Class 10
    2.Transcend Memory Card 32 GB Class 10
    3.SanDisk Ultra 32 GB Class 10

Global Posts
    634 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tan_moy View Post
    which MicroSD sud i buy???
    1.Samsung 32 GB MicroSD Pro Class 10
    2.Transcend Memory Card 32 GB Class 10
    3.SanDisk Ultra 32 GB Class 10
    Whichever one you want. They will all work with the Lumia 720.
    Thanked by:

I'm using the Samsung 32GB uhs-I card too. But I would suggest just buying the cheapest one.

One thing though, the Lumia 720 has a bug thats partially solved in GDR2 but not completely; the first picture you take using your camera has lag when any sort of SD card is inserted (fast or slow, doesn't matter). Any pics after that will be fine, until you close the camera app again.
    Thanked by:
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast