Do you put a screen protector and a case on your Lumia 720?

Valiant Lumia 720

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
Hello.
I'm new in WPCentral and I've just recently purchased a White Hot Lumia 720 two days after its launch here on the Philippines.

I'm just wondering, do you guys put a screen protector or a case on your Lumia devices? Especially to the owners of Lumia 720?

I have not put any and I'm not actually planning to have one since it has a curved glass so I think screen protector would look ugly and I know it has Corning Gorilla Glass 2 but I'm still having doubts.
I would just like to here opinions from you guys.

Thank you so much.

uzeroni

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
I don't have one, but I had a Nokia N9 and I can tell you, screen protectors do NOT play nice with curved glass. Is the white case glossy? I'd put a case on unless it was a matte color.

How much is it, and how good is it compared to a HTC 8S?

Jim_Junkie

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
With my current Lumia 920, no, I don't use a screen protector.

I did for a long time on my previous phone (HTC Desire HD), but after a while I found that it degraded the quality of the image due to the screen protector picking up scratches quickly. In the end, I discontinued use of them for about 6 months and was much happier with it that way, although the screen did slowly pick up minor scratches.

As for covers, same thing, I used to use them but then stopped. However, that may have led to the ultimate demise of that phone as it shattered nicely on a pocket height drop to tiles. Who knows, may have broken anyway. I've got a case on order for my Lumia 920 now and I'll give it a run to see how it goes, again though, I have generally found that for me they degrade the experience by making the phone fatter & less pocket-friendly. There was also murmurings with the Desire HD I had that they could cause the phone to overheat, although never had that experience myself (but it did get hot).

All in all, each to their own. They'll protect your phone, but is it worth it to you? Also, not all cases will protect your phone as they can have a tendency to concentrate the shock of a drop, something to consider I guess.

Valiant Lumia 720

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
The White color is glossy. The Red is the one that I'm supposed to buy, but chose white over the Red because the Red Matte feels a little bit cheap. I felt like the White Glossy color gives a much more premium look than the Red Matte.

I bought it for Php 14,590.00 Cash, added additional Php750.00 for an extended warranty so overall the warranty is 2 years. The saleslady said that with the extended warranty, even if you intentionally damage it or not, they will still replace it.

I feel like Nokia Windows Phone devices are better than other manufacturers. They offer Lumia exclusive apps that shall somehow distinguish you from other WP phones. The internals are almost the same, and given that it is a WP device, UI is buttery smooth on both devices. It's almost the same, but I would prefer the 720 over 8S. Personal preference though, but I think most people would buy the 720 over the 8S. Low light photography is superb, you have my word.

Valiant Lumia 720

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
Heat degrades the battery as we all know it. I read from an article that if you notice that your device gets hot while charging it inside a case, you should remove it out to let it breathe. I'm afraid the cases would contribute to the heating of my battery even when I'm using it so I'm really not planning to buy one.
However, of the wireless charging cover goes on sale and if it is a good value for the price, I'm planning to but it as a case since it is official by Nokia, and who knows maybe I'll benefit from wireless charging soon.
What do you think?

Sameer Sheikh

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
sir, unfortunately i didn't due to unavailability and got the screen broken after my 720 fell from a height of just 2.5 feet
plz check the attachments

Attachments

• 20130423_092058.jpg
    20130423_092058.jpg
    655.9 KB · Views: 118
  • 20130423_092130.jpg
    20130423_092130.jpg
    618.2 KB · Views: 102

Valiant Lumia 720

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
Oh no.
I'm so sorry for your device. =(

I think though the warranty does cover that kind of damage?

I'll just be extra careful with my device now.

The scratches are all I'm only worried about but thank you by the way for sharing! =)

regme

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
I have ordered Skinomi Techskin for resisting scratches. Its full body one.
Guys plz update this thread if anyone spots a good protector which can save from drop damages.

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
^I really don't think that hardware/intentional damage is covered.
Altough it was unintentional but other manufacturers do not cover such kind of damage (ex - liquid spill, cracked glass)
Still have it checked at a care centre

fordcom

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
I don't own Lumia 720, though I have a nice transparent cover around my current phone. I have a screen protector on attached on the screen too.

Apr 25, 2013
Visit site
I also broke my screen. I have given it to nokia care yesterday, here at India. Will know how much it costs today. Please some body update about available casings for lumia 720.

alllies

Sep 5, 2012
Visit site
Was the OR issued to you named after Nokia? Isn't the extended warranty you paid covers accidental damage(full warranty)? Warranties enforceable by Philippine Consumer Law has a maximum of one year and minimum a of 60 days, so you cannot force the seller in case they refuse to perform. If a seller is offering a warranty on top of manufacturer's/OEMs warranty, the prior is enforceable. Note that most of manufacturers offer only limited warranty, that is warranty against hidden defects and warranty on intended use.
It only came to my knowledge that the Nokia Stores are non-Nokia's based on the OR they have issued to me.
Oh no.
I'm so sorry for your device. =(

I think though the warranty does cover that kind of damage?

I'll just be extra careful with my device now.

The scratches are all I'm only worried about but thank you by the way for sharing! =)

budney

Sep 6, 2006
Visit site
I keep my 720 in a pouch w/ belt clip when carrying it around right now. But I am still waiting on the wireless charging cases to be released. And I have not used a screen protector in ages.

Cheewii Poon

Apr 14, 2013
Visit site
Same here...I don't want to spoil a brand new phone, in fact I don't want to spoil this phone, ever. And most cases do protect the device better than nothing, my previous's phone's case was a simple cheap one from China but I've dropped my phone countless times. The only time the corners chipped was when I was without a case. So those with the Skinomi skin, does it help impact and lower the chances of screen shatters? I doubt it, but I can't really find decent cases for the 720...

regme

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
Skinomi is good for scratches but wont help for impact.
Its costly for international buyers... installation is *****.

Result is great ... cos i can actually use it without caring for scratches.
I need something hard case cover over my skinomi for protection against falls.
My spare non smart phone is what i am taking to street for time being... we need good third party case manufacturer.

Jakoh

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
Oh the answer is no and no. 720 is kinda like a disposable to me. WP8 is not fitting my bill.

The 720 is light because its glass and plastic are thin. The glass warps and even touches the lcd if you apply pressure, its so thin.
You cant do that with 920 doesn't matter how hard you try. The Lumia 920 is like a tank, the 720 is a toyota corolla. But i do love the 36 hour battery life under full use.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss