Matte VS Glossy colors, what did you get?

Cheewii Poon

Apr 14, 2013
Visit site
So I finally decided on the 720 after so long...and now I'm face with another major dilemma: Color. I'm deciding between Cyan and White, and I'm probably going for white because it looks more premium and matches well with whatever colored tiles I use. However, there's also the matte and glossy department...I can't decide. My previous phone's case is matte and I have to say it's not grippy and slides out easily, as opposed to the original glossy shell which grips a bit better - it feels stickier. I can't decide on the looks either, so does anyone have pictures of theirs? :D And neither do I know whether matte or glossy gets dirty more easily, and whether stains are washable off both. Any help guys?

gsquared

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
Matte get dirty pretty easy from what I've seen on this board. Even my StormTrooper is starting to get black streaks on the back from the pouch I kkep it in. The gloss can easily be cleaned however. A little denatured alcohol and mine will brand new again. Not sure if a matte will clean as easily.

jgbstetson

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Cheewii, my 720 is shipping today. I chose the glossy white because I am one of the indecisive types that will buy different color wireless charging shells and swap them out regularly. I know white will go with everything. And I've heard through other threads that the glossy white has a slightly more premium feel to it. Maybe this helps you...

Cheewii Poon

Apr 14, 2013
Visit site
Cheewii, my 720 is shipping today. I chose the glossy white because I am one of the indecisive types that will buy different color wireless charging shells and swap them out regularly. I know white will go with everything. And I've heard through other threads that the glossy white has a slightly more premium feel to it. Maybe this helps you...

Wow the way you address me is as if we're old friends :p

I also feel that way! I've compared the glossy reds and mattes in the Nokia shop countless times, it's a shame they don't have red. But I really am kind of worried because for once I'm deciding against a cover, so I want the usual visual damage to be wipeable-off and by the looks of it glossy does that slightly better than matte?

Oh and by the way show us pictures of your bran new 720 in glorious white! :D

Simon Tupper

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
Just saw a video of a popular youtuber and he had a Lumia in his hand can't remember which video but it was Friday with Pewdiepie, between part 20 and 30. Useless information but still I thought it was pretty awesome. That guy Is Swedish so it might explain why he has personality

X0LARIUM

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
Wife wanted a red, but picked a white instead.
A. There was no red.
B. The guy at the store said reselling a Red will be a pain..
C. White looks better.
D. Any colour tiles match.

Sent from my Π Σ Χ U S 4.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans