Here Maps & City Lens won't start on a brand new Lumia 720....

Sam Wong

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Bought a Lumia 720 today but found that Here Maps & City Lens won't start. Tap on them but immediately back to start screen.... Tried Hard reset but same... T.T
Any idea besides take it back?

jgbstetson

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
The HERE apps on the 720 are country/region specific and determined by your sim card. Make sure your sim is inserted and functional. I'd call Nokia care in your area before exchanging the device.

Sam Wong

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for your reply. I've put in a SIM card and it's functional. At the same time I've a Lumia 520 as well. Brand new. Here Maps starts properly even without a SIM card inserted.

Sam Wong

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
I've bought 4 Lumia Phones: 800, 920, 520 and 720. 800 is fine. 520 seems to be fine. My 920 had problem with the compass.... And now funny software issue with the 720.... QC is really poor...

derf001

Jun 1, 2013
Visit site
I have the same problem. Nokia Lumia 720 arrived today. Everything works fine except Maps. I select the shortcut button to start the application, and it seems like it attempts to load for about a split-second, but then i am returned immediately to the start menu. Strange because i was able to use Drive perfectly fine, so i guess Maps is defective on release.

I called the support team for my network. They instructed me to reset the phone to factory settings, I did so over the phone. Restarted the phone and Maps now seems to work fine.

pramugan s

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
my nokia lumia 720 map is getting open showing location but the screen is blank .

it showing only a green dot(location) in blank screen??

what i have to do?
plz help:straight:

Saikat Halder

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
Hi, I bought a lumia 720 3 days ago, connected to 2G internet, but in my area the speed is really slow, can I download city lens for my city manually in my PC and then transfer is to the phone???

in the store option it shows, here maps and city lens for europe, how can I get these for my region?? india-> kolkata city.

please help, I am using a smartphone for the first time hence the confusion.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077