Red Eye on Nokia Lumia 720 camera

Ramaswamy R

May 13, 2013
Visit site
Hi there,

I'm getting Red-eye while night shots on my nokia lumia 720. i've attached a sample photo.
how to avoid this, any settings i've to do for this.

kindly help me out. thanks in advance. WP_20130509_012.jpg

Cheewii Poon

Apr 14, 2013
Visit site
It looks very bright for a night scene, is the flash on or is it just a bright street lamp? If the lamp is bright then you could adjust the settings to a lower exposure, because red eyes are caused by the reflection of light. Just make sure your subjects are still well lit. Not sure on this though, cause my subjects aren't often people :p Also I'm not sure but there *might* be Lenses for red eye reduction.

Ramaswamy R

May 13, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the rely Cheewii poon.

The camera flash is on at that time. So, you are saying it because of Flash. Let me try without flash and check.

mano4077

May 27, 2013
Visit site
I have downloaded creative studio but it gives no red ice detected any other way recover from this red eye its killing my images :(

Rindika Fanai

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
yes this seems to be the problem with the phone .. hopefully nokia will fix this in their firmware update..i'm also using 720 and i'm facing this issue..

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
I'll be posting up a Post Processing guide soon and Red Eye Reduction will be included in it. Suffice to say there's lots of different options and software to remove those red eyes out there!

Red Eye happens when the eye isn't prepared for the flash, so the iris is still open (usually in a dark environment). The Red Eye you see is actually the retina you can see because the iris is open. If you make sure that your focus assist light is turned on (I think more than just lumia's have this option?) you will not only prepare the eyes of your subjects because they'll get a flash before the picture is taken and you'll get a sharper picture, too!

sumeshmd

Sep 5, 2013
Visit site
I have the same problem, tried creative and it is saying no red eye found. i had nokia 5800 and in that camera has the option to reduce red eye. Why this advanced model lacks that feature?.. how to use the focus light? when i try to focus the object with a tap, it will take the photo...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa