Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Tony Dony

Hi there,

I'm getting Red-eye while night shots on my nokia lumia 720. i've attached a sample photo.
    how to avoid this, any settings i've to do for this.

kindly help me out. thanks in advance. wp_20130509_012.jpg
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    4,477 Global Posts
    Moved to Nokia Lumia 720.

"Fortune cookie said: 'Outlook not so good'. I said: 'Sure, but Microsoft ships it anyway'."

Global Posts
    131 Global Posts
    It looks very bright for a night scene, is the flash on or is it just a bright street lamp? If the lamp is bright then you could adjust the settings to a lower exposure, because red eyes are caused by the reflection of light. Just make sure your subjects are still well lit. Not sure on this though, cause my subjects aren't often people :P Also I'm not sure but there *might* be Lenses for red eye reduction.
    Thanked by:

Uhm, download Creative Studio from the Marketplace and edit the eyes :)
    Thanked by:
    unstoppablekem likes this.

Thanks for the rely Cheewii poon.

The camera flash is on at that time. So, you are saying it because of Flash. Let me try without flash and check.

Thanks for the Sugestion Tony Dony.

Let me download and Try

I have downloaded creative studio but it gives no red ice detected any other way recover from this red eye its killing my images :(
    Ambassador

Did you select 'night' mode while taking the photo or took it with regular settings?

I can make a custom wallpaper for you for no cost :) just hit me up & check my wallpaper thread - here
    My Comic Book - Its about Iphone 5s and Innovation Click here

yes this seems to be the problem with the phone .. hopefully nokia will fix this in their firmware update..i'm also using 720 and i'm facing this issue..

I'm having the same issue,, plz help . tried all but none helps... night mode switches off the flash.. does focus assist helps ??

Global Posts
    4,048 Global Posts
    PIN
    Private Message
    I'll be posting up a Post Processing guide soon and Red Eye Reduction will be included in it. Suffice to say there's lots of different options and software to remove those red eyes out there!

Red Eye happens when the eye isn't prepared for the flash, so the iris is still open (usually in a dark environment). The Red Eye you see is actually the retina you can see because the iris is open. If you make sure that your focus assist light is turned on (I think more than just lumia's have this option?) you will not only prepare the eyes of your subjects because they'll get a flash before the picture is taken and you'll get a sharper picture, too!

I have the same problem, tried creative and it is saying no red eye found. i had nokia 5800 and in that camera has the option to reduce red eye. Why this advanced model lacks that feature?.. how to use the focus light? when i try to focus the object with a tap, it will take the photo...

Its a common problem in l720.. Flash creates red eye. And creative studio doesn't recognize red eyes for most pics

can you please advice how to fix this? if not possible them when will be relevant update available?